How to Move Heavy Audio Components

Does anyone have suggestions on moving heavy pieces of equipment. How does one person box up a 90lb.amp or a 100 lb. speaker? The older I get the weight of the component is becoming a critical consideration.Thank you.
mendota98
you, i and joe cocker must everyday depend more and more on a little help from our friends. it's also advisable, of course, to have the right tools. in this case two are necessary; an :upright" (appliance) dolly and a 4-wheel (furniture) dolly. it also helps to watch professional movers use this equipment. it's amazing what a little leverage can accomplish.
One word: Youth. Find a/several younger responsible fellows to give you a hand.
I use an upright dolly and I've moved all kinds of extremely heavy gear with it. I'm not a big guy, but I managed to get my Kharma speakers (225 pounds per crate, each) from the garage into the living room and then unpacked w/o any problems. I even used this dolly to move some VERY large and heavy bookcases from one room to another to make space for a new couch, all by my lonesome. If you mess around buying and selling big gear for your system, a nice dolly is a requirement, it is not a luxury. I got a really sweet one for $50 at Home Depot....
Very carefully. Or have a chiropractor on retainer. I think it was Mark Twain who said the older my father got the smarter I became. Or the heavier my equipment got; take your pick. Bending your knees while lifting objects from the ground helps lots./ The next day you know if you bent your knees. Depending on your creatitivy the job can be a bit eaiser. My Cat/with the attached by umbilical can be daunting. If you live upstairs, getting things there, can be fun. Not to mention, the jounce of the dolly on each stair, is bone jarring, to whatever is coming up or down. Get help if you can. Your equipment and back are worth it.
Attached by umbilical / should have continued :referring to the mutha of a power supply attached to the pre.Fun 1 man project.