How are most audiophiles going from streamers to DACS

USB a to b, , Coax, or Optical ? what's the better one ?   I have a Node 2I and a Denafrips ares 2 dac thats  in transit , what is everyone using for audio ? not brands of cable just format what way is better for streaming High rez music ?
nickaboy1
Do not use optical, that is a rule of thumb. Then whether the USB or COax would need to be tested. Given the inexpensive nature of the two components you could just get two budget interconnects USB and COAX. Since USB re-times the signal, this may sound better. COAX uses the timing of the streamer.
In my experience, the answer to your question mostly depends on how the associated equipment is optimized.  I have used the USB, Coax, and optical connections that you asked about, plus AES/EBU and I2S.  In general, I2S was intended for very short runs inside of equipment and not as an external connector for two different pieces of equipment.  My current main system gear is set up to optimize USB so that is how I use it.  However, I use optical for my less expensive garage/outdoor system (Metrum Baby Ambre to Jade) and do not perceive any loss of SQ.  In cases where all connections were assumed to be equal with the gear being used, I have mostly preferred AES/EBU.  When using coax, I have mostly used BNC (and not RCA) connectors for reasons quoted below by the owner/designer of Empirical Audio.

I have explained this many times on this forum.  RCA connectors cannot be properly terminated to coax cable, I don't care what RCA you use. Coax cables have BNC connectors specifically designed for each type, so that the impedance discontinuity is minimized. Using RCA terminated to a coax will cause unwanted reflections, resulting in jitter at the receiving device. Adding a BNC to RCA adapter is usually harmless and does not result in compromised SQ.

Steve N.

Empirical Audio

In summary, try the different connections and use what sounds best to you.
I have 3 ways I can hook my streamer (node ) to my Dac (ares2) I just dont know what way would be the best   1-optical, 2 coax, 3 USB A to B . I dont know enough about the pros and cons of each and apparently theres a difference in audio data and digital data im just confused at this point . I read optical breaks the grounding therefore its like getting a free galvanic isolator but there is a drawback to , no 1 cable gives you all the pros and no cons , I just would like to know from someone that knows what's the better connection for connection a streamer to a dac thats all cause I don't know. 
when I said in transit I meant its physically on its way to me in the mail , so I just need to buy a cable to hook it up when it gets here. 
Post removed