Hi Fi House liquidation

Just wondering if anyone knows how this auction works with regards to shipping an item to you that you've won?
gooddomino
Nice. I get an email w/an invoice and a 2-day payment requirement without any info on wiring funds to them.

Still no help from them on the shipping either. Awesome customer service!

Total joke.
Good luck. I was quoted over $250 to ship a 17 lb disc player that i won for 50$. Add in the fee,taxes,wire transfer fee and it becomes a big problem. Am trying to get an old college chum to pick up and ship to me. If there is an Agoner that wants to make a profit of about 50$ would be willing to pay you to ship to me. Many thanks. Ls
I won a few items. Called Better Crating Service as recommended by Quakers Auction House, left several messages! Also, they added PA tax whereas I live in a different state. Also sent an email to them to ask to rectify the invoice and recommend other shippers. Will keep you informed. By the way, when I received the flyer (via email), it clearly stated audiogon members would be able to pay via Paypal (18%), that is 15% premium and 3% paypal. Now payment has to be by cash, certified check or bank transfer! Pls keep us updated on this subject. I will do the same.
I have the info on wire transfer if you need. Contact navis for a very expensive shipping quote
I was able to get them to agree to ship my small items.

I'm going to send them a bank check and they'll mail my items to me. That's really good news.

This could have been done so much better and with less stress for everyone.

Because of the shipping uncertainty, I only bid on small items that I figured could be easy to ship. There were a number of items, including some of the big speakers I would have bid on otherwise...

Oh well, live and learn.
More to discover