Herron VTPH-2A, Herron VTSP-360 and Herron M2

Has anyone heard the newly-updated Herron products, the VTPH-2A, VTSP-360 and M2? If so, how have these new models changed or improved upon their predecessors? Keith Herron is just about the best guy in all of hi fi and I hope that these upgraded models improve upon his already great products.

Thanks.
casaross
Anybody have any idea how the herron VTSP-3A R03 or newest version of the preamp stacks up against today's top flight preamps like the audio research ref6 or the levinson 52 , ayre kxr twenty or luxman c900u?
I own the the VTSP-3A  and the new M2's and have to say it is underwhelming at best. To try and improve it I replaced all the power cords with Audio Sensibility Statement and it helped but still, meh.

Two days ago I hooked up my NAD M2 which has been sitting unused for the last six months and I am wowed by the sound. I am going to listen to this setup for two weeks then go back to the Herron and see if what I am hearing is truly better. The NAD was half the cost of the Herron set up.

Now it is possible that the DAC portion in the NAD M2 is better than the Metrum Octave Mk II DAC I use with the Herron gear. The source is an Aurender N100. The DAC may be the weak link but I am not so inclined to purchase a new DAC to see if the Herron starts to shine.

I wish I was hearing what you guys are hearing.
I received my updated M2 power amps, now at M2A spec, my VTSP-360 to replace my VTSP-3A(r03) and my updated VTPH-2A. While I do not believe that I have given them a full chance to break in, I am extremely pleased with the sound. The entire set is dead quiet. Compared to the gear prior to its replacement and modification, the Herron stuff now seems a bit extended in the bass and the overall focus is a bit more oriented toward the lower midrange and upper bass rather than a bit leaner sound that this provided, before. The M2As have an FET front end and that may account for much of the difference, though I understand that the VTSP-360 has much better bass and weight than the predecessor VTSP-3A(r03). While I would not mistake the overall sound for tubes, it is a bit more tube-like sound than previously.

While my experience differs strongly from Blakcloud’s, his impressions represent his own personal take and are as valid as anyone’s, including mine. With stereo systems, everything matters, including one’s personal taste. For instance, I love Koetsu cartridges but others find them a bit lush and romantic, preferring the sound of Lyra cartridges that I find a bit hard. To each his or her own. Meanwhile, the challenge is to assemble a combination of components and cabling that appeals to you. In my case, the Herron stuff provides a sound that I really enjoy.
I own the VTSP-3a R03: happy with this.  Having heard the newest pre+amp, they are somewhat clearer, fuller and more dynamic than the previous models(IMHO).  I may upgrade my Parasound A21 to the M2 at some point.
Just to add, as I upgraded my Directstream dac firmware and Audirvana + software, the Herron easily transmits these improvements to the amp and speakers.  Sorry if blakcloud hasn't experienced an improvement.