Getting into tubes

I'm thinking about getting my first tube integrated amp and been reading all I can about them. I've narrowed my list of manufacturers down to four: Raven Audio (Blackhawk/Osprey), Primaluna (Dialogue Premium), Ars Sonum Filarmonia and Decware (Zen Mystery Amp). All have their pros and cons. First, a bit about my system:

Merlin TSM Black Magic Edition
Sunfire True Sub Mk2 (and oldie but still runs well)
MSB Analog Dac 
Macbook Air streaming Tidal through Audirvana
Spectral SDR-3000SL running into the MSB

Room is small, about 10 X 11. I listen to jazz ( mostly trio's and female vocals) and some classic rock. 

My laundry list for what I'm looking for in a tube amp is as follows:

1. Obviously they have to sound great. From what I've been reading, seems like all these amps all sound fantastic to various individuals that have used them. 
2. Ease of use: self biasing tubes. Don't want the fuss of having to bias the tubes myself. I know that with the Decware ZMA, you have to bias yourself but it appears to be a simple process.
3. Overall build of the unit. Each of the manufacturers all look to have excellent build qualities. I've seen pictures of the insides of all units. Looks like the Primaluna is built like a beast on the inside. Also the ZMA is all point to point, no circuit boards of any type. That's a big plus.
4. Remote control: now this is a semi big one for me. I do a lot of late night listening and am constantly changing the volume. Raven Audio and Primaluna checks this box off but the Filharmonia and ZMA doesn't. However I have a DAC (MSB Analog) that has a volume control built in that I believe may work?
5. Subwoofer output. It would be nice to have a dedicated sub out for ease of connecting the sub. I know that there is the option to connect the sub through the speaker level inputs, but I have read its difficult to do that with the Filarmonia and ZMA if the spades are too thick. 
6. Reliability and after care service.

For those that have experience with any of these amps, any advice would be greatly appreciated! I've been going back and forth trying to decide. Thanks!
jzzmn88
Another minor drawback of the Filarmonia is the inability to tube roll which, to me, is one of the advantages to owning a tube amplifier that can accept various tubes. Although I’m not much of a tweaker when it comes to my system, I could see myself experimenting with different tubes over many years for the fun of it.
If I am going for  tube sound I want to do just that which means tube rectified and not s/s rectified which is what many manufacturers do.  Decware uses tube rectification and I have held on to my Taboo EL84 based tube amp.   From what I recall tube rectification operates in a more of a synergistic  and less complicated manner within that topology.   Not to mention half the fun is trying out different power tubes,  input tubes..  AND  rectification tubes  or why bother.     The special rectifier tubes I have collected over the years  are Bugle Boy 5AR4,  Russian made 5U4G ,   Bendix  6106 (5y3 equivalent?   And of course the famous Russian Melz  6sn7 equivalent if you can find the real Mcoy.    Yep,  dont leave out tube rectification.
The thing with tube rectification is usually there is less noise. But if the solid state rectifiers are properly snubbed, they can be just as quiet, and they offer less power supply sag (which is nice in a guitar amp, not so nice in a hifi amp). HEXFRED rectifiers are a good example of a rectifiers that is low noise (super fast/super soft recovery) and can be easily snubbed for noise as low as tube but much more reliable.
@jzzmn88 thank you for sharing your thoughts.

It's encouraging to hear that Rich upgraded your Merlins to Black Magic Edition. Beyond the help he often lends in the forums, he attended the shows Bobby, and always came across as a really good person. How do you find them, and what improvements do you hear after the modifications?

Every product has weaknesses, that's true. So it's easy to understand the Ars Sonum Filarmonia doesn't tick all of the boxes for you. If I may, what about the amp misses the mark?

I think you would actually have a lot of fun tube rolling with the Filarmonia. I met the builder at one of the aforementioned shows (I think in NYC), and there and in print, he's mentioned the Dynaco ST70 serving as the inspiration and starting point for this amplifier. My experience with the Dynaco and other similar products shows a simplistic circuit quite reflective of the tubes used in it. Given the Filarmonia uses EL34, 12AU7, and 6922, that provides a lot of opportunity for tuning sonically, and keeping you busy for a while. As the included JJ E34L tubes already sit among my most favorite, though I often start with output tubes, I'd begin with the small signal tubes in this case. And as the E34L tilts more to the (glorious in the right amplifier) midrange and less toward the low-end, if you felt you needed a different balance, the JJ EL34 or Shuguang EL34B give that, at the same great value pricing
@trelja Unfortunately I cannot tell you the difference in the improvements from the previous version because I bought my pair of Merlin’s directly from Rich after he upgraded them. But what I am hearing now is incredible. Very smooth, non-fatiguing, deep soundstage. I’m currently using an older Plinius 8200, and if it sounds great now, I can only imagine what it sounds like with tubes, which is apparently what Bobby Palkovich designed these to work well with.  

A couple of minor things with the Filarmonia that don’t check off the boxes: lack of remote and lack of a sub out. As some have pointed out earlier, I listen in a small room so it wouldn’t be a stretch to get out of my chair to adjust the volume. But I do a lot of late night listening and am constantly adjusting, so I can envision it becoming somewhat of a pain. As far as a sub out, it would be simpler to hook up a sub that way. The other way to hook up the sub is through the high level inputs but with the Cardas binding posts, I hear it’s difficult to double up on spades lugs. 

Thats good to know one can tube roll with the Filarmonia. I was under the impression it couldn’t be done at all. 

I really appreciate your thoughts and opinions!
@jzzmn88 well, when it comes to your Merlins, you got in at the perfect place, the top!

Thank you for laying out the issues you have regarding the Filarmonia. Everything makes sense, really. The subwoofer connection can work, as a couple of options exist.   Unfortunately, remote control looks more or less a dealbreaker, and understandably so.

I think a lot of us tend to recommend tube amplifiers out of hand.  And though a definite pleasure of ownership often comes with them, I don't want to come across as someone who feels solid state amplifiers lack merit, or even cannot represent the best solution.  As previously stated, I feel Merlins sound best with more rich and full-bodied partnering amplification.  Plinius has just that sort of sound. Tubes don't always come across that way. Maybe trying one to scratch that itch will satisfy your curiousity, but don't sell the Plinius until you see what really works best for you. In complete honesty, I think your Plinius most probably makes an excellent mate, and I'm not sure it shouldn't stay