First tube preamp recommendations (under $5k)

Right now have di20he -> terminator -> he9 -> pass x350.8 -> ATC scm7 / NS5000.
I am thinking of introducing some tubes into my chain. I like the sound I am getting but want to explore what tubes can do to the sound (slight warmth, biggest soundstage, better layering etc etc). Don’t want to go to nuts on price. If price is over $5k would consider if its really exceptional (but for sure not over $10k). Totally fine with used. Balanced would be nice but not mandatory.
So far I am thinking RP7, EVO400, bhk. Any thoughts?
smodtactical
I'm gonna throw in on the EVO400 as well.  Been running mine now for about a year.  What a fantastic piece of gear.  (I have it paired with an MC-312).

I "tried" to buy a 2600 from a dealer in the area (gently used) and when I told him my setup... he suggested: "Go do some homework on Prima... and ignore the loud guy on the videos".  <giggle>

Found that Sandy Gross himself had used one with a Mac amp to do some demos of some gear at an Axpona.  Mind you i'm not a six-figure spender for gear... but all my stuff sits right about $4000 a piece... a perfect fit.

Hey Dmcneilr,

Is the Audio gd vacuum He-1 as holographic as they say in the reviews?

@kw6.........I have the Audio-gd 10 tube Vacuum HE and it IS Holographic...for 4K ...nothing I’ve experienced can touch it. It’s a monster though..Buy One.  Matches nicely w/ Peachtree GAN 400 amp.