ETHERNET CABLES

When using ethernet for hooking up streaming devices and dacs, what cat level of  ethernet cable should be used. Is there any sonic improvement by going to a  higher dollar cat 7 or 8 cable?

128x128samgar2
Post removed 

@nonoise  you did. And it was apparent for everyone that actually have knowledge. And again, I don’t hold a grudge from a previous thread, never said that. I said that, in this thread, you made outlandish claims, that you now have admitted you did not understand, posted something that wasn’t relevant to

your claim, stating it refuting everything everyone else is saying, while supporting your claim, when it didn’t do anything of the the sort. People like you are about 1 thing, you cannot be wrong. Well, you are, and somehow you admitted to it too, so a learning experience for you I guess. 

you are all noise, and no signal. All you should have posted was something like “anecdotally, I replaced a cable and heard a difference, but I don’t know anything about how Ethernet works”.

@lordmelton i am very consistent in my posting, you are correct. I know this topic very well, and people with out any knowledge like @nonoise argue fanatically. They fall in three categories really, some places all three, “I made a change with XYZ widget, and my system was transformed to the golden system, and if you make the same change everything will be perfect. And if you didn’t hear a different 1) you don’t have good resolving system enough 2) you system doesn’t cost enough money, 3) your hearing is impaired (@nonoise is in this category). 

that’s crap. 

@audphile1  sure, why not.

Speakers: 

Audiovector R3 Arrete

Pre/Power: Classe Audio Delta Pre/Stereo

Streamer/Server: NAD M50.2

Interconnects: Kimber KS1116 balanced from pre to power, and Kimber Orchid for AES/EBU from the NAD M50.2 to the Delta Pre.

speaker cables: Kimber 12TC

@jerrybj like him all you want, doesn’t change that he doesn’t know a thing about Ethernet. He can’t answer basic question about articles he claim supports his point.