Dynavector cartridges, old and new

For more than 40 years Dynavector has been producing very high quality moving coil cartridges in Japan. Sadly we don't have a dedicated Dynavector thread here on audiogon. It would be nice to collect info about some nice rare models in one topic. 

My first Dynavector was high output model, very attractive headshell integrated as one piece - Dynavector DV-30A was released in Japan 1 year before the Karat series and 4 years before the fabulous Karat Nova. The first high output Moving Coil Dynavector DV-30 series was the next generation of the Ultimo cartridges. The Ultimo’s were manufactured by Onlife Research Inc., which later became Dynavector. The 30-series was introduced in 1978 with 3 different models DV-30A & DV-30B (HOMC) and DV-30C (LOMC). Till the early 80s it was top of the line Dynavector models.... 

But then the KARAT was released with short Ruby and Diamond cantilevers (depends on the model). I've been looking for KARAT for a long time, i found the Dynavector KARAT 23RS special calibrated version with Micro Ridge stylus tip and prism Ruby cantilever. This particular model has been introduced in 1988 and claimed to be superior to the earlier generation of Karat carts. I'd like to seek more info about this rare cartridge, but very little info available online. Anyone can comment on Karat Ruby 23RS mkI (not mkII) ?  

I know some mebers are enjoing the more expensive Karat Nova series, XV-1, XX-2, Te Kaitora Rua etc 

Modern Dynavector site is: http://www.dynavector.com/ 

But the rare models can be found here

128x128chakster
I was running the Dynavector 17D3 on my new Technics 1200G and it sounded great, but I recently bought a AT Art 9 which to me sounds better on the 1200G with overall beter tone from top to bottom but less wide sound stage from the 17D3 but the Art 9 has only 50 hours on it still need more time. But when you put the Dyna 17D3 on my Rega RP8 is really sounds amazing huge sound stage through out. Probably going to put on here soon my RP8/Dyna 17D3 for sell. On another note I am curious if anyone has used the 17D3 and also listened to the new 17DX is the price jump worth it?
AT-ART9 needs at least 150 maybe 200 hours to really sing. Mine has just reached 190 hours (285 LP play) and sounds wonderful and nicely balanced w/ very deep soundstage at 1.8 g VTF and 100 Ohms, very slightly raised pivot. Has become my reference MC. The new 17DX is very tempting I admit.
This thread made me curious to try one of the Dynavectors and I managed to pick up a Karat 23RS in 'as new' condition for 300 euros. Judging by its visual condition I seriously doubt it has ever been used, so it may need some playing time to settle. But actually it's one of those cartridges that sounds great straight out of the box. First impressions suggest it's very open, dynamic and 'alive', with unusually strong bass performance. The highs were a bit edgy in the first few hours, but this trait is already melting away.

So here's another great 'vintage' cartridge that in direct comparison could embarras some of those overpriced MC's in today's inflated market place. Recommended!

It’s 6 months later. I am really really really going to mount my 17D3 in my new Yamamoto CF headshell and then install it on the same DV505 tonearm that now bears the ART7, TODAY. Honest.

After some break in time, I’ll report here on the comparison.
Very interesting, we hardly can wait. The ART7 has very low output, 0.12 mV exactly the same as the Highphonic MC-R5 that I will compare to ART9 in near future after some break-in time...