Does anyone have experience with noise reduction ?

Category: Accessories

I live part time off the grid. My power source is from a 800 Ah battery bank 48 v. converted to 120v true sine wave with a Trace 4048.I tried an Audio Magic Stealth filter without success. The buzz in the line creates a constantly noisey background that dosen't cause fatigue but can be irritating if one dwells on it.Any suggestions? This is a common problem and is not RFI.Thanks
okunokata
I realize this post is old but I thought I should respond anyway.I would check out a Porter Port Cryo Outlet.This may reduce your noise considerably.I'm not saying it may not totally eliminate it,But in my case in my home it dropped a great deal of noise out of my system.
My Scott tube reciever 240 b and my 222c do not produce the noise. My McIntosh solid state preamps do. It is in the transistor preamp sections that the noise is picked up .
My cheap Denon home theater receiver is quiet though so go figuire.
Okunokata:
Your last post states only happens with SS preamp. Have you considered using a "cheater plug" in the MC preamp to see if the noise lessens? The idea is to reverse polarity going to the MC .
So the Trace people feedback doesn't seem to be OK right? If so I've expected to have the problem all over the place not just with the MC's.
BTW at ca two grand the 4048 better not produce that noise!!!!
Your comments.
Luis.
All the inverters I have worked with have noise in the diodes. I can run a cap across them and quiet it down or put in quality diodes. Both void warranty.