DC Metro -- New

I would like to see what level of interest there is in re-starting a Washington-DC area Audio Society. F2Audio held a meeting in Falls Church last summer that was well attended. Unfortunately, the attendance list no longer exists. F2Audio is closing and being replaced by Command Performance AV (same owner Jeff). I am willing to host an upcoming meeting at our location in Falls Church. I am sure we could get a manufacturer to speak to us. I was thinking of having a meeting towards the end of Sept. What might be fun for an October meeting is to have mini-trip reports of what was cool at Rocky Mountain Audio Fest.

I am open to suggestions as to topics or if someone else would rather host. My goals are to 1) try to get the Society going and 2) this time keep it going.

If anyone is interested in a meeting please post here AND email me at [email protected] so that I can send updates to everyone via email.

-- Jeff
Ag insider logo xs@2xcommandav
Join us at the October meeting of the Metro DC Audiophile Society.

The next meeting is happening on Saturday, October 17, at 2 pm at Jeff Fox’s house in Falls Church, VA:
7105 Marbury Court
Falls Church, VA 22046
703-532-7239
[email protected]

As always, these meetings are open to current members, new members, and anyone who is interested in listening to and learning about great audio equipment.

The topic for the meeting will be low-cost USB DACs. The following DACs will be demonstrated at the meeting:

HRT MusicStreamer+
DevilSound V2.1 (new cryo version)
Music Hall dac25.2

Feel free to bring a laptop if you want to hear some of your own tracks.

We anticipate this to be the first of a two-part set of meetings focusing on computer-based audio. The second meeting (date TBD) will look at higher-end offerings such as the Berkeley Audio Design Alpha DAC.

Chips and water/soft drinks will be provided, but you are welcome to bring other snacks / drinks to share.

Be sure to visit our new website for updated information and directions: www.metrodcaudiosociety.blogspot.com.

If you have any questions, please feel free to email us at [email protected].
Just found this thread yesterday after years of browsing A'gon. I will check back for future meetings. Great idea!
This is only tangentially related, but if anybody is interested, a few of us Head-Fi folks have organized a headphone meet this weekend at the Clarendon Myer-Emco in Arlington - tons of headphone gear if anyone is curious to hear what the best of the best in headphones has to offer.
On December 5th Paul Stubblebine from The Tape Project will be in Maryland visiting UHA (United Home Audio). I spoke with the people from UHA today and there is interest from people in various states on the east coast. Anyone can attend if interested.
Wow! Great to see some movement with audio in the DC area. Two events on the same day! Sorry that I can only make one, so will be at the Tape Show. www.capitalaudiofest.com