Current Mirage OM series vs. Msi series speakers?

I have owned a pair of Mirage M3si speakers for almost 10 years. Numerous components have come and gone in my system during this 10 year period but I have never felt the need to change or upgrade my speakers. Recently I read some reviews of the OM-5 speakers and the reviews seem to indicate that the OM-5 speakers may be better than the old M1si speakers. I heard the first OM series speakers (the OM-6 speakers) and I did not like them. I thought they were a real step down from the Msi series. Has anyone changed from the Msi series to the current OM series (the OM-5, 7, and 9)and felt that it was a real improvement?
mchd1
I currently have both the M5SI and the OM-9. Personally, I prefer the MSI to the OM series. I believe the Mseries are more detailed and produce better more accurate bass. They are both built equally well. The OM series seems to image well close to the wall or pulled away from the wall. The Msi series needs to have breathing room. The Msi need alot more power than the OM series to perform at their best. I use the MSI with my tube rig and the OM9 with my solid state h/t rig. I definately prefer the Msi series for music... are the OM a step down, no, but they are different. Dont forget the retail of the OM series isnt close to the pricing of the M1 or M5si the M1si were around 6k and the M5 around 3? I paid 1200.00 for my OM9s not a bad value!
Associated gear:
OM9s:
Krell kav 300 cd
BK ref 20 processor
Aragon Pallidums balanced monoblocks
Transparent Ultra Reference XL interconnects
M5SI:
Classe cdp.3
Audio Research LS-7
Sonic Frontiers SFS 80
Discovery nos interconnects
---------
Happy listening!
Joe
Custom Audio LLC
Thanks for your input Joe. I think I will keep my Msi series speakers (M3si front, M7si rear, and MCsi center) for now. Doesn't sound like the money I would have to spend to change my system would be well spent. Worse yet, I might end up regretting it.
Mchd1

I think keeping the M3si is a good choice. I thought the M3si's sounded better than even the M1's to be honest...could have been the room or amps though. Both were very good speakers IMO and I'm sure can compete with most any speaker in a large room with lots of power.

Dave
IF you like your Mirage sound, don't bother...stay with the M series. Only area of improvement might be bi-amping your speakers. good luck