Cube Audio Nenuphar Single Driver Speaker (10 inch) TQWT Enclosure

Cube Audio (Poland) designs single drivers and single driver speakers. 

Principals are Grzegorz Rulka and Marek Kostrzyński.

Link to the Cube Audio Nenuphar (with F10 Neo driver) speaker page: 

https://www.cubeaudio.eu/cube-audio-nenuphar

Link to 6Moons review by Srajan Ebaen (August 2018):

https://6moons.com/audioreview_articles/cubeaudio2/

----------------------------------------

Parameters (from Cube Audio):

Power: 40 W

Efficiency: 92 dB

Frequency response: 30Hz - 18kHz ( 6db)*

Dimensions: 30 x 50 x 105 cm

Weight: 40 Kg

* Frequency response may vary and depends on room size and accompanying electronic equipment.
david_ten

For the past several weeks I've been listening to two extraordinary amplifiers, the Enleum 23R and the Decware Super Zen 25th Anniversary Edition, both achieving the most engaging synergy with the the Nenuphars I've experienced yet. These amps elevate the Nen's performance to a new level, surpassing even the VR L2iSE (whose Achilles heel is it's output impedance which creates a relatively high damping factor) which bested (to my ears) the First Watt SIT 1, SIT 3, Pass Labs INT-25 and a Triode Labs 2A3 Classic.  dspringham has called the Zen Triode "unearthly good" and vinpic has enthused over the Enleum 23R driving his Nen's with the new version of the 10 inch drivers and toetapaudio has posted how well the Bakoon 13R (precursor to the Enleum 23R) drives the Nens, so I can't claim I've summited any new peaks, but I have had the privilege of comparing these two amps side by side.  And you know what?  I find it very  hard to tell them apart, especially their uncanny portrayal of "ensemble" music--small jazz groups, chamber music, "girl and guitar", etc.  It is only when you go large, orchestra or rock say, that you might hear the Enleum 23R have slightly better bass definition, slightly better separation, slightly faster speed overall.   But the two share engrossing detail, tonal accuracy, harmonic richness, holographic imaging, immense dynamics and life-like ambient air that I have never heard from any other amplifiers.  Considering the two very different technologies of the these amps, this surprises me.  What they do share, technically, are three things we know the Nens love: zero feedback, damping factor of 1 and pure signal path--although the Enleum's purity is achieved not through minimal circuitry as is the case with the Zen Triode but through a proprietary biasing arrangement that Soo In Chae calls JET2, which converts the analog signal to digital then back to analog again.  The difference in output--the Zen at 2.3 watts per channel, the Enleum at 35 watts into 8 ohms--never manifest itself in my listening.  At high levels they maintained their control, openness and air.  Even pushing beyond tolerable levels I could hear no compression and the Zen never showed signs of clipping.

So which one will I live with?  Tough question.  Wouldn't have to change tubes with the Enleum, but then again I might enjoy rolling a few tubes in the Zen (I did replace the stock rectifier with the Sophia Electric Aqua 247b to nice effect).  I do like to listen to big music, so I'm leaning towards the Enleum, but maybe the Zen is a little more present with voices?  I go back and forth and sometimes I have to look up and see which one I've got playing to know for sure.

BTW, I vastly prefer both amps without the VR L2iSE as DHT pre (with Takatsuki tubes).  Running through the pre seems to add a smoothing veil which detracts from the wonderful detail and texture these two amps have in spades.

Also, I've listened to the Enleum 23R headphone output.  It is every bit as exciting as listening to the beautiful little beast drive the Nens.

@stephendunn 

Good man, welcome to Enleum.  Stunning amp and extraordinary pairing with the Nenuphars.  Your next move should be to try the cube audio Sub 12’’ (I use one only in a 36sqm room, positioned ~80cm closer to the listening position to offset the DSP time lag, connected via the high line inputs to the Enleum.  This is probably the most significant upgrade I have experienced in a long while, more than any changes in streamer/dac (I am a happy owner of Grimm MU1 and Mola Mola Tambaqui)… deeper/cleaner bass, increased soundstage and transparency, more realistic timbres.  Simply gorgeous.  

@stephendunn 

I go back and forth and sometimes I have to look up and see which one I've got playing to know for sure.

Quite the complement for both amplifiers!

Thanks for taking the time to post your very insightful listening impressions.  Truly a situation where either choice is a homerun. 

Charles 

Post removed