Bookshelf Speaker for vintage Marantz 2230

I'm currently running a pair of Boston Acoustics A100 speakers through a Marantz 2230. I'm looking to upgrade to a budget and modern hifi setup and have been looking at several integrated amps (rotel 1062, music hall a.25, etc) and several bookshelf speakers (era d4's, b&w 685's, paradigm 20's, dynaudio audience 52's). However, I can really only afford one thing at a time. To start, I'm thinking of upgrading the speakers. Any recommendations on running some bookshelf speakers ($400-$800) with the Marantz 2230? I like the warm sound of the Marantz and mostly listen to vinyl (rock, punk, jazz, and old country). Any thing I should consider?
ds4000
PSB Image B25 bookshelf speakers. Stereophile review. Look at the measurements page and check out how linear they are. 15.5"hx8.5"sx12"d. Currently $479/pair, and available at Audio Advisor..
I had a 2230 circa 1972. I had a pair of Epicure 10's and they sounded great up against the wall on bookshelves with the Marantz 2230. A friend of mine in high school back in 1978 bought a brand new Marantz 2285 and pair of Epicure 20's, this system sounded wonderful to us at the time and was the best stereo any of us had..
If it were me I would look for some old vintage speakers like smaller original Advent, JBL L-26 or L-36 (good for some reason on blue grass), Allison four, Epicure or EPI ten/100, etc..
I saw the Cantons and was curious about those. I may look into that option as well. I appreciate the input and am glad there's a support for the vintage Marantz still. Any more input is welcome. I'll post a follow up once I've settled on something.