Bi-wiring speakers

What is bi-wiring and what are it's advantages. How can you bi-wire when you only have single pair of speaker terminals on amplifier.
myep
When I bi-wired my speakers, not only did I hear a difference, my amp ran cooler. I run two separate wires to each speaker and each wire is hooked to its own terminal on the amp.
bi-wiring offers the opportunity to allow the specifically assigned drivers to draw current through separate sets of wires, instead of all of the current through one set. it also allows ya to sleep at night knowing you're using the full capability of your biwireable speakers.
Myep: There is no technical advantage to biwiring. The same current is reaching the crossover whether you biwire or not. The only value to the second set of terminals on speakers is that it allows bi-amping, which can be worthwhile in some cases.
Jostler not quite so,Yes & No. Some speakers have seperate crossover boards and are bi-ampable and bi-wireable and will benefit, while others won't benefit. Its has to do with the speaker design. Angela gives good advice, a search on the front page for the discussion area will give you plenty of info from knowledgeable posters. Have fun.