Best SS amp for Zu Druid Mk IV speakers

Down-sizing and want low cost Solid State option that I can leave on all the time - I know its sad
128x128saffy
Ralph, what is given up by high-efficiency, high-impedance speakers? I figure something must give, otherwise why would many well-known high-end speaker manufacturers make speakers that drop down to 2 or 3 ohms with efficiencies in the 80s? I've read where you like the Coincindent Speakers.
Frequency Response: 30hz - 30khz
Impedance:8 ohms ( min. 7.9 - max. 10 ohms )
Sensitivity: 92 db - 1w @ 1m

How can they have these kind of specs when you've got near top of the line Aerials, Wilson, Avalon, etc. with low impedance dips and lower efficiencies?
Sorry for my slow reply- I'm on the road to CES. First, Warrenh, the output level will be the same, but it will be easier for a tube amp to make more power into the high impedance than into a low impedance, and the amp will sound better too.

Wireless200, what is given up is the power that a transistor amp might be able to make into the lower impedance. So if sound pressure is your goal, you want the lower impedance. If sound *quality* is your goal, the higher impedance will be preferred. If you are running tubes, that higher impedance will offer better sound and output power at the same time, without tradeoff.

These days there just is not the profound argument for 4 ohms or less anymore, since even transistor amps sound better driving higher impedances.
hell just to sidetrack abit i use a mccormack dna 500 w/ druids to great effect. but the older mccormack amp sound great priced right and can always be upgraded. 500 into 101 = W O W damm near 130dbs coooooooool