B&W Nautilus 803 & 804 Vs The World

How different does the 803 and 804 sound? And how do these compare to other comparablely priced dynamic speakers, such as a Revel F30, Dunlavy Aletha or even the more expensive Avalon Arcus?
tbonephile
yes, if it can stay flat throughout the freq range, you've likely (but not necessarily) got a fine speaker on your hand. speakers shoudl not distort. anything other than a linear response is distortion.
I thought that the Joseph Audio rm25si's had a nicer sound than the 804's, and were less expensive too!
I believe part of your decision can be based on room size.
The Nautilus 804's sound awesome in small to medium sized rooms. I think the N803's really come alive in a larger room. They present a much larger soundstage plus you have the added benefit of the better bass extension.
I just finished a yearlong speaker search and ended up with Aerial 7Bs and a CC3 center. B&W 803s had been my first choice and a friend suggested trying the Aerial line. At first listen I still liked B&W better but I would recommend an extended audition. After almost an hour I found the 803s a little fatiguing but the Aerials were still singing. Power is the biggest caveat with both of these speakers. The B&Ws are hungry but the Aerials are starving! I just ordered a Theta Dreadnaught, which seems like a good match. Don’t misunderstand me, the B&Ws are fantastic speakers (especially the 802s if only I could afford them) and you will be happy with them for years.

Ken
i have listened to both extensively and on the advise of the sales rep. who has sense become a good friend went with the 804's. they are the most living room friendly speakers i have accountered. very high on the wife appreciation list. when placed accordingly , i used the cardas method and only varied slightly , they sound incredible. the 803's have more bass , yes , but not better sound. the voicing seams more balanced in the 804,s and the slight adjustment in placement was to place the speakers only a couple of inches closer to the rear wall and the bass was as strong as you could ask for without booming and remaining balanced. yes 802's rule if you have the space and amps to let them sing!! i hope this helps. peace and good listening