Audiophile speakers that rock well

I am interested in a monitor sized speaker that does all the audiophile tricks, but can also rock the house without bleeding my ears. Can I get both in a single speaker? I've heard some real good speakers that do vocals, acoutical type music well, but absolutle fail at R & R. Can I have the soundstaging, the imaging, etc.etc. With a speaker that rocks? Budget is $3K

GLR
glrtrgi
Being a die-hard rock and roller with some heavy metal thrown in, the speakers that have consistently delivered the R&R goods have been both the Acarian Systems LTD. Alon 1's, the Alon Lotus SE mk ll series and the Accent Speaker Technologies Nola Viper 1A's.

The Alon 1's are scary good at rock and roll and in a properly treated and sized room offer outstanding dynamics with a huge 3D soundstage and would be well worth seeking out a used pair. One does need to do their homework in amp/cable matching. A good/solid 30-50 WPC tube amp is the ticket here especially those that use EL34's as the output tubes. There is a synergy here that brings a strat or fender guitar right into the room and they can hit hard with well recorded material. Try Judas Priest "Hell bent for Leather" :-)

I've found the Alon series also have a musical synergy with MIT2 bi-wire speaker cables and take them up a few notch's when implemented, even over the stock Acarian Black Orpheus bi-wire cables. Bigger soundstage, deeper/tighter bass and sweet, sweet highs are on tap.

Combine the MIT cables with the above mentioned tube amp topology, along with the properly treated/sized room, and you'll lose sleep... I did and don't regret one minute.

Cheers
Agreed.

With monitors you have to put them on stands, so just get a floorstander and enjoy the extension.

I recommend Zu as well.
Avoid JBL L100. I'm searching for the same thing in a speaker. I've gone thru Polk Monitor 10 and L100 and now have B&W P4 (colored mids/highs at low volume and hard to power). Looking at PSB, Focal or B&W after reading reviews.
The L100 was designed wrong. Cabinet is not made for the 123A woofer and should not be ported and crossover designed incorrectly. I knew something was wrong when I first heard them. There were weak spots between highs, mids and lows and too bright in some areas.
I listen to a lot of psychedelic rock (Hendrix, Trower) and Sabbath, Priest, etc.
Thats the first time in 35 years I've heard avoid the L100's.Live long enough...........must be the ears....shoes?YMMV,Bob