Any UPS horror stories?

I'm waiting for a visit by a UPS damage control representative for the unit that's been mishandled by them. I want to show him experience any of you went through. If you have any horror stories that involves UPS, feel free to contact me. Thanks.
husaskin
Thus far I have had one cd player arrive damaged, and a seller's worst nightmare -- UPS left a COD package on my doorstep without collecting the money! How's that for bad. Lesson learned -- avoid UPS at all costs, don't invest money in them either. For a little more FedEx is much more efficient and courteous. UPS is the most disorganized, sloppy outfit I've ever seen. Another example -- received a first delivery notice, called UPS that same day and told them to hold the package at the delivery station for me to pick up the following day. Went there first thing the next morning (@ 7 a.m. when they opened). The guy tells me, "Oh, we haven't gotten around to processing this package, it's still on the truck so it's going to take me some time to find it." (!?!) Waited over 30 minutes for him to find the package, and despite knowing that I was in a hurry to get to work, he took his sweet ol' time, even taking other people's package pick-up requests at the same time he was "handling" mine! I've also cringed while watching employees literally heave what are obviously packages containing delicate electronics onto conveyer belts. Sorry for the rant, just my .02. Good luck w/your claim.
Just make sure you save all the packing of the damaged piece, the supervisor will need to look at that. In any cases, it is going to be a long process to settle your claim, if UPS decides to pay you. Just curious, is it an amp, pre amp or speaker? Are they in original packing?
Last August, they're delivery guy destroyed my Electrohome projecter by rolling the huge box from the truck to my living room entrance, flipping it over end to end!!! Not bringing it in using a dolly. The unit was a total loss. The box was ripped throughout and the projector in about six pieces. The only components which survived were the CRTs. Thank God!!! To sum it up, never trust UPS for anything! By the way, They also delivered a box of Maggies to a auto parts store across the street from my friends Hi-Fi store & just left them there on the back porch!! He already pre-paid on them too.
Thanks for writing in guys! The unit I send out was a Golden Tube audio SE-100, power amp. It weighs about 90 lbs including boxes. It was in perfect shape before I sent it out. When the buyer received it, the tramsformer was sticking out to the side. UPS initially said it was not packed right-- funny since I used all the original packaging material and double-boxed it. I've been trying to fight them for the past couple months, but they never get back to you. I'm crossing my fingers for tomorrow's inspection. Hope I don't have to take any further action.
Are you kidding ? This company is a perfect case for a class action lawsuit if I ever saw one. I have shipped 11 different items via UPS and 8 of them have been damaged. Some worse then others. It shows the disrespect their serviceman have for other peoples property. I switched to Fed Ex about 2 months ago and have had no problems with the 6 pieces I sent thus far. Avoid UPS at all costs and pass the word.