$10k Speaker Cables??????????????

Where does this madness end??? My friend the editor reviews this craziness!!
https://www.soundstageaustralia.com/index.php/reviews/209-in-akustik-referenz-ls4004-air-loudspeaker...

Cheers George
128x128georgehifi
You see, the audio industry took a nod from government contractors that charged Uncle Sam  $10K for hammers and $40K for toilet seats. They finally caught on.
Nope, sorry, troll. There are reasons for exhorbitant prices for a toilet when the toilet is one Air Force One. The government doesn’t get charged high prices for all toilets, troll. We also see what happens when the government gives contracts to low bidders. You probably don’t see anything wrong with that.
I always wonder , if all marketing, R&D, markups removed, how much actually (parts and labor) those expensive cables costs? Would be interesting to know.
The margins on such items are North of 100%.

And Geoff, it takes a troll to know one. And no, I didn't say ALL toilets did I? Please learn to read and understand before responding.
The point is stevorino there’s a perfectly good reason for a super expensive toilet in certain cases. You know, just like there frequently is for cables. In the case of some government “ripoffs” there are no spare parts any longer so replacement parts must be made by hand.