Tough decision, samsung Samsung PN65F8500 or

Panasonic TX-P65ZT65B, I'm having a hard time deciding, the Samsung seems brighter and sharper my family room is a little on the bright side, the Panasonic, blacks and colors are awesome.
your feedback would be appreciated.
thank you.
tesseract86

Showing 16 responses by tesseract86

Schubert, Mofimadness, Jjrenman, thanks a lot for your input, should I have the tv calibrated when I get it or do I need to wait awhile?
thank you very much guys!!
Bacardi, I like the sharpness and brightness of the Samsung, but you're right they're both very nice TV's, my room is kinda bright but not too much so I thought the Samsung's brightness would work better for me maybe not.
Bob_Reynolds, thank you for the links, great reviews.
agree either one would be fine.
thanks
Kijanki, thanks for the heads up, I will be connecting the tv to my Arcam avr400 5.1.
Bo1972, I went to see both TVs again side by side, the sharpness and brightness of the Samsung F8500 is making all the difference for me.
thanks for your input !!!
Bo1972, I'm about to go to another store that has both TVs, I agree they may be set differently, but the two things that jumped at me was the sharpness of the Samsung, also they seem to be the first to achieve this level of brightness which is not seen on other plasmas, looks like a breakthrough to me, the blacks and colors are awesome, the contrast brings out a very pleasing depth as well. No doubt LED or LCD do not compare with plasma in my book.
thank you very much for sharing info about your Samsung F8500.
After much research between the Samsung f8500 and Panasonic zt60, there's no doubt that they are both excellent TV's.
But for what suits me and my room best is the Samsung its brighter and that will work well with my room which is on the bright side(can always regulate brightness).
BTW, I went to a local and more professional retailers in Electronics, they had the Samsung f8500 tweaked very differently then BestBuy's.
BestBuy's Samsung f8500 was tweaked for max brightness and black blacks. where you couldn't see detail in the shadows, contrast as well was maxed out.
At the other store the Samsungf8500's detail and resolution was awesome, more importantly it was sharper.
The shadows were much more prevalent, brightness was subdued somewhat, looked great to me.
So my choice is the Samsung f8500.
Thanks to all for your valuable input!
Bo1972, a few months ago I bought cables and power cords from Morrow audio, so far I'm happy with the difference they made to my system.
I'm sure that you're Audioquest Diamond is great for that price it better be.
thanks though!
Bo1972
Just bought the Samsung 64"f8500 and a wall mount,
Sanus XF228-B1, hope it works well its a double arm, full auto, extends 28".
I read the home theater review of the F8500 and they suggest some tweaks before calibration.
I'll be sure to comment on the experience when I get it.
thanks again
Just got the tv, its everything I expected, awesome picture, excellent sharpness and brightness that I can control. Great resolution and contrast can see every detail from sweat to zits, couldn't be happier.
thanks to all for your input.
Bacardi, this link gives you some tweak ideas, good article.

http://www.flatpanelshd.com/review.php?subaction=showfull&id=1375254254#7
Bo1972, just curious I got one remote (I like it) instead of the two remotes that most reviews say you're supposed to get the other is a black plastic type, they say some people prefer it to the silver one I got.
did I get short changed??
I'm happy with my remote.
thanks
I'll ask the dealer for it, I only got the silver one which is fine but if it comes with it why not,
thanks a lot Bo!
Bo1972, can you recommend settings for 3D viewing? or perhaps you could share your favorite settings on either 2D or 3D.
The more I watch the Samsung f8500 the better it gets, the colors are beautiful, its very sharp.
Waiting for 100 hours to calibrate it.
thanks
I'm very happy with the multiple menu and choices of tweaking this beauty to your lighting environment and liking.
My settings for 3D, I use gamma -3 it darkens a bit also gives the overall picture a punch
cell light 20
all the reviews I've read recommend warm 1 for 3D but I'll try the normal and see.
thanks
you're right about the yellow, I tried the "normal" as you suggested and the yellow disappeared .
thanks for the info.