My Aurender N150 is stuck in repeat mode

I can build a queue and it plays the entire queue but then repeats the queue. Same problem for a single song queue. This problem is bad for me because I really like Auto-Play mode for Qobuz and Tidal because it's a great way to discover new music.  Repeat mode prevents Auto-Play mode even if the Auto-Play button is enabled. 

txp1

That’s probably because you have the repeat mode selected. Check on top of the queue

Go into queue and unselect it by hitting the loop arrows on top of the screen until they’re no longer highlighted 

Above 9 on this picture 

There are no loop arrows shown on the screen (ie, above the queue). More additional information:  my N150 is also stuck in shuffle mode. I found that songs were shuffling and that switch enabled ieven though I didn't do that, so I de-enabled it, it worked correctly for about 12 to 15  songs, then went back into shuffle mode completely on its own. Shuffle mode switch above the queue is grayed out (i.e., not enabled).  In addition, "Consume Mode" is enabled but is not working.  I can scroll up to songs previously played.  And now Conductor 4 (queue album art at the top) is showing a different song than the one actually playing. 

I should have added that it appears a new minor version of Conductor 4 was automatically installed today.  I received the intro page describing the new changes when I started listening today.

I am not experiencing any of these issues using Conductor 4 with N200. Try contacting Aurender support. 

Have you tried shutting down and restarting the Aurender unit? Have you also quit out of Conductor completely and restarted it?

I’m also having a slight problem with conductor since the update. When I select a display theme it reverts back to default on start up of the app. This  only happens on my ipad. iPhone works fine. My ipad is getting long in the tooth and cannot update latest IOS so that might be my issue. Anyway not a big issue. 

Thank you everyone!  I'll try a complete shutdown of my N150 to see if that helps. I've already tried a shutdown, delete and reload of Conductor 4 with only minor partial success.  I should add that I had been listening to Internet Radio for over an hour then cleared the queue and loaded a very long Qobuz playlist. It was almost 5 hours long and that's when I started adding more problems above.  

I did contact Aurender Support on Thursday night (PDT) when the problem started and haven't heard back from them. But if they are in Korea it's been weekend for them.

I will update this thread.  Thank you Audiogon and the Audiogon Community!  

@dwest1023 That happened to me also. I initially attributed it to my iPad although my ipad is not old so thank you for adding that. And as you mentioned it is minor but still good to know.

Just updated conductor 4 to latest version. No issues. Using iPhone and iPad

Found a bug! I like Dark theme. The app reverts to Device Theme every time I close and open it. I’ll check Aurender forums. 
@blisshifi are you experiencing this too?

@audphile1 I am unfortunately am not able to test for a few more days since I am in Dallas for the Southwest Audio Fest. I’ll be able to test on Wed, but you guys should please share any issues you have with [email protected]

If @vonhelmholtz is nice enough maybe we can test around on his system when I pay him a visit! ;)

I emailed Aurender support. Not that it’s a big let down by any means. I’m curious how the Aurender software engineering and QA teams missed this. It’s not like it’s impossible to test. Almost like they knew all these issues existed and still rushed it out the door. 

Post removed 

Well the good news is that if your iPhone or iPad Appearance is set to Auto and it goes into dark mode after sunsets, your conductor app will reflect that. Lol

@txp1, suggest you log an Aurender remote support request. Describe the issue in detail and keep the unit on so they can access it. 

I had a problem updating a few months ago and emailed Aurender support, by the time I came home from work that day the problem was resolved complete with an apology email. Extraordinary customer service.

@audioman58 the issue is with the controller app, not with the streamer OS. Reboot doesn’t help. 

It’s an issue with the release. It can’t be fixed unless a new update is pushed. 

My issues appear to be resolved by using the "Reset" command which is available by press and hold of the play button in the upper left corner of the Conductor 4 app on my iPad. The switch to "light mode" bug done by the app is still there however.  My iPad device mode is "dark" and Conductor 4 still changes it.   Thank you all for the suggestions!

I posted this on the aurender beta tester forum in addition to the email I sent earlier. 

@audphile1  thank you for that!  And now a new problem:  After 3 hrs of listening today I'm getting a new problem of significant lag between entering an ipad button "click" and the action taking place. I experienced this yesterday at about a similar listening time and then shut it down out of frustration. 

@txp1, I suggest you log an Aurender remote support request. Describe the issue in detail and keep the unit on so they can access it. 

It sounds like software issues and Aurender customer support needs to investigate.  

I’d suggest EVERYone with a Aurender who experiences such minor/moderate OS faults write in. Include iPhone / iPad model and iOS version as these details are rarely irrelevant.

A company that sells high end units which rely on proprietary software should offer round-the-clock support, IMO - anything less is preposterous from a price-to-performance ratio. Get ON it, Aurender … 😉

Got a response from support. They’re working on fixing the color theme issue. As I suspected it will be fixed in the next release.  These types of bugs can only be addressed by releasing an update. And I'm also noticing lag between adding to queue and playing a song if I choose add to end and play.
Like I said above, catching these issues in test should have been easy and that would’ve prevented a buggy update. 
@txp1 send an email to support please and detail all the issues you’ve run into. 

To @benanders point…

When you go to Settings, hit Help…then hit Send Remote Support Email. It will open a new email and automatically include your device details and even your DAC details if your streamer is connected to your DAC via USB.

As a fallback, Conductor 3 can still be downloaded and used while they’re fixing these issues. Not saying the issues in the latest release are acceptable. Just in case you’re annoyed enough to not want to use the v4. It’s the remote app issues and switching to another version won’t impact sound quality.

Just sent Aurender support a link to this thread. For some additional info they can gather here as well as some incentive to set the bar higher with future releases.

I also sent Aurender Customer support a link to this thread and requested they help ASAP. I asked them to review this tread since, it seems, several product issues have be identified. Thanks..  

I also suggest anyone with Aurender Product issues log an Aurender Remote Support request from the Aurender Conductor App.

@audphile1 @hgeifman I sent Aurender a support request on Thursday March 14. No response back. They must be busy.🤔  My N150 stays on 24x7.  I don't shut it down.

I have two Aurender streamers and accessing Conductor 4 on iPads and have no issues.

Because of your glowing reviews @ghdprentice,

I just ordered a N200. Looking forward to receiving it.😁

Txp1, I just emailed Aurender customer support and reported “you sent Aurender a support request on Thursday March 14. No response back”.

please call them on the phone. This is getting ridiculous.

In North America, technical support is also available via phone at 888-367-0840.

@audphile1 

I don’t know yet.  I just ordered it from Aurender. I’m sure I’ll mention my first thoughts and again after a couple hundred hours.😁

@hgeifman @audphile1  Aurender responded tonight (PDT) via email saying they will get back to me with more info soon.  I think they are taking these problems seriously. It was a Lead Software Engineer who responded not a Customer Support Rep.  I didnt even need  to call them! Thank you everyone for helping to escalate this!  
@ghdprentice @curiousjim I was beginning to think I had hurt my N150's feelings and it was retaliation.  😉  A few days before this problem started I ordered a new N200 because I was so pleased with my N150 and I wanted to hear even better sound. 
Also, today I did a "Cache Clear" command. No problems since then other than the display mode bug.  But I haven't tried an extremely long playlist yet. 

@txp1 I do find that I need to clear cache every so often to ensure playback does not hiccup. Sometimes more often than others especially if I jump around from track to track too quickly and somehow overwhelm the cache. 

@txp1 glad to hear that clearing cache resolved the shuffle and repeat issues. 
congrats on the N200!

Is anyone else unable to add a new track to a Qobuz playlist in C4?  I go through the process and C4 says it is adding the track to the playlist, but the track never appears, even after 1/2 hour.  I reported this problem to them about a month ago, Aurender sent me a beta version to try, but still having same issue.  I will report it again.  Thanks.  

@curiousjim what day did you order your N200? I’m just trying to get a sense of when mine will be here. Also do you know if yours was in stock in the NA warehouse or was it shipped from Korea? Thanks!

@blisshifi thanks for confirming use of cache clear as an occasional correction. It’s good to know.  I went the C4 settings in detail to see if there's anything else I should be aware of or doing  

@audphile1 thanks! As good as my N150 is, I’m looking forward to a step up in performance. As I improved components in the N150’s digital and power streams I was really pleased to hear how good the N150 could be. Based on information in Audiogon threads I don’t think I’ll be disappointed.

If you have a library of local files I highly recommend copying that to a 2.5” SSD to mount inside the N200. Best performance that way. 

Got email from Aurender support that a new version with the color theme fix is available. Go to App Store and install the latest update. Seems to be working as designed now. 

@txp1 

I ordered it Friday and Tuesday it shipped from S Korea ( I was really surprised that it wasn’t shipped from the Aurender US) and I am supposed to get it tomorrow. I’ll believe it when I see it.😀

When and from whom did you order yours?

@curiousjim It’s true - out of stock units in the US that then have to ship from Korea often arrive faster than units that are already in their Cali distribution center. They ship DHL internationally and it arrives lightning fast. 

@txp1 @blisshifi 

Holy Cow!

On the 19th, It was labeled, picked up, shipped and it arrived @12:45 the 20th!

Crazy fast!