Zu Omen or Tekton Lore

Best floorstanders under $999 for low power SET amp?

Thanks
mstark
How do you think Pendragons would do in a 16X12 room?
I am having a hard time contemplating my self looking into 6 ring radiator tweeters.
The idea of it seems made for a larger space.
Goraman: I have my Dragons in a larger space but I first heard them at a fellow Audiogoners condo where his room was about your size and they sounded great. They sound phenomenal in the near field just as the Lores do. I have to say that I am a bit biased though as I would love to hear/see your tweaks for the Dragons.

BTW: The the new 8 ohm Dragons in Black are pretty nice looking. The drivers are a blue grey and the look is much better than I thought it would be.
Goramen - that space is going to be tight but possible if your room is treated, especially in the corners. You have to be sure that you can spread them nicely. Mine are about 7.5ft apart, and I sit the same distance away. But one thing is for sure: the Dragons are a completely different animal. I still get floored by how much I was missing prior. Other full range speakers I owned can't contend either.
Sorry I've read a good bit of this thread but not all.

I get that the Lore's do loud and live really well and give up detail for "presence" but how are they for quiet and intimate - like late at night when the rest of the house is asleep?
When you say how much you where missing,Do tell your discovery's.
Can you give specifics related to songs,for example when I upgraded the Lores symbols when being struck gave a deeper pitch with more shimmer and an extended ring in Bjork's Debut album."Come to me" is the best example but it was very noticeable through out the whole album.
This song led me to put the stock caps back in one speaker foe a couple of days for a head to head comparison.
So my findings are verified not on some distant memory but in real time.That is just one example of the out come of the total upgrade there are a few.