AudiogoN
Search Buy Sell Learn MyPage
 Learn > Forums > Amps Preamps > 1283540711  Start New Thread | Log In | Bookmark This

Decware - any substance here?
With such a nice and extensively detailed website, I've long been curious about Decware. But with little in the way of genuine reviews, and not much in the way of discussion here, I always wonder if they are nothing more than that, a great website. They clearly have a dedicated fanbase, but my problem with the fanbase is this: most of them (not all of course) seem to have limited experience with products besides Decware, as if they stumbled upon Decware and never bothered with other brands. Maybe this is positive, that once experienced they don't have the typical audiophile itch to try other amps. I'm specifically struck by the new Torii MKIII push-pull amp, which in description and looks is just beautiful. So does it interest anyone here? Has anyone actually heard it, or it's previous incarnations? If so how does it rate amongst the other quality tube amps, whether Blue Circle, Cary, Vac, Almarro, Atma-Sphere, etc...?
Jtnicolosi  (Threads | Answers | This Thread)

09-03-10
  Responses (1-50 of 89)
Click title to read one, or click date to read all below it.

09-03-10   It bums me out also. i just checked to see if he'll be at rm ...   Azaud

09-03-10   I own a couple of decware amps and they are great, and the p ...   Ballan

09-04-10   I own the dac and it is terrific. it runs the cirrus logic ...   Celtic66

09-04-10   Dollar for dollar the decware line must be classified as top ...   Changeout

09-04-10   not dead quiet? a typo, yes?   Finsup

09-04-10: Rivieraranch
They ARE dead quiet. No spitting, sparks, smoke or humming. No glue or cheap Chinese parts inside and no gaudy exteriors. Their value far exceeds their price, which galls some audio consumers who buy in part based upon a large price tag.

The designer will make himself available for personal one-on-one conversations about the equipment and its use. They make products for the love of good sound, not just to achieve a pre-determined profit margin.

"Genuine" reviews? There are plenty of them; some are linked or posted on the DECWARE site. A 6Moons review of the original TABOO comes to mind. In addition to that, there are a plethora of detailed posts regarding use and enjoyment of DECWARE equipment.

I have owned several pieces of DECWARE equipment and have been happy and satisfied with each one. The products go through updating and revisions in the quest for continual improvement.

Not going to RMAF? So what. The don't need to. They are quiet company that maintains a low key profile; they do not engage in specious self promotion either.

" . . .that once experienced they don't have the typical audiophile itch to try other amps. I'm specifically struck by the new Torii MKIII push-pull amp, which in description and looks is just beautiful. . . ."

Duh. If somebody likes the DECWARE equipment it is logical not to look elsewhere.

Rivieraranch  (Threads | Answers | This Thread)

09-04-10   I used to own a decware phono stage. never had any problem w ...   Clio09

09-04-10   I own the csp2 pre-amp, and it is a workhorse in my system ...   Peb

09-05-10   I have a zen select. i love it. i wish i had more decware ge ...   Freewaywilly

09-05-10   The four decware amps i metioned in my first post are not th ...   Changeout

09-08-10   I'm new here, only because the decware site is pretty quiet ...   Zygione

09-08-10   I built the decware single ended amp kit (el84s, ~ $350). i ...   Sebrof

09-09-10   Hi..... my name is frank and steve deckert is imho one the m ...   Flaneb

09-09-10   Sorry i forgot to list other equipment i owned....dynaco,amp ...   Flaneb

09-09-10   Hi, someone tipped me off about this thread, i've read it, a ...   Decware

09-09-10   Info on the fest: (http://www.decware.com/newsite/zenfest201 ...   Decware

09-09-10   Is this an annual meet?   Finsup

09-10-10   Yes, i think this is our 8th year so far...   Decware

09-10-10   In response to the new torii after listening for several mon ...   Flaneb

09-10-10   Well i suppose i'm just too curious. sooner or later i'll p ...   Jtnicolosi

09-10-10   This was taken from the decware site....i hope it isn't ille ...   Zygione

09-12-10   If you are a tube roller as i find it fun....the mini torii ...   Flaneb

09-13-10   The thing that keeps me intrigued is the speaker design. the ...   Azaud

09-15-10   I sure don't want to come on as another cheerleader, 'cuz it ...   4krow

09-16-10   Making the leap past the audio store and going direct nets t ...   Grobinso

09-18-10   Ok, i know this thread is posted in the amp / preamp section ...   Finsup

12-07-10   I just got word today that my select zen triode is in the fi ...   Lacee

12-08-10   Anyone heard their omni speakers? the design concept looks ...   Martykl

12-08-10   Marty, i just ordered a pair this week. if nobody else weig ...   Soundgasm

12-08-10   Gasm, i look forward to hearing what you have to say. mart ...   Martykl

12-09-10   I own the decware csp2 and the decware taboo, i use this to ...   Drumsgreg

12-15-10   I've got a decware se84, has maybe 2 watts per, something li ...   Arkprof

01-04-11   I just received my decware amp, it was shipped dec 23 and i ...   Lacee

01-05-11   Find the mini torii very enjoyable. also oun zdac with the ...   Panu21

01-11-11   was it the errs you ordered? curious if you have anything ...   Finsup

01-13-11   An audiophile friend of mine had a listen to my system with ...   Lacee

01-26-11   Finsup, yes, it's the err's which i ordered. i just got con ...   Soundgasm

01-27-11   Off topic, did anybody listen to the zen speaker with the ne ...   Snopro

02-09-11   Finsup, i received the err's today, after some delay over th ...   Soundgasm

02-09-11   Marty, they're very sensitive, but not unworkably so with th ...   Soundgasm

02-09-11   Soundgasm, just a quick note as i only did a quick read-thor ...   Finsup

02-18-11   I replaced the stock rectifier in my zenselect with an old s ...   Lacee

03-08-11   Soundgasm, are you using the stock caps and resistors in th ...   Finsup

03-08-11   I am indeed.   Soundgasm

03-09-11   gasm, thanks for the feedback. marty   Martykl

04-30-11   I own the torii mk iii w/ vcaps. i got the unit about 1.5 wk ...   Jwt

05-25-11   Several years ago, i bought a decware 34i to replace my audi ...   Abcxyz

05-25-11   Jwt, from what you've written it sounds like the torii is h ...   Gopher

05-26-11   What i meant by very detailed at low levels, was that you he ...   Abcxyz

05-26-11   Jwt are you useing a preamp or source direct into the torii? ...   Mystang

1 | 2 Next >

Post your response
Subject

Your response

No html, but you may use markup tags

Username
Members only

Password