AudiogoN
Search Buy Sell Learn MyPage
 Learn > Forums > Amps Preamps > 1283540711  Start New Thread | Log In | Bookmark This

Decware - any substance here?
With such a nice and extensively detailed website, I've long been curious about Decware. But with little in the way of genuine reviews, and not much in the way of discussion here, I always wonder if they are nothing more than that, a great website. They clearly have a dedicated fanbase, but my problem with the fanbase is this: most of them (not all of course) seem to have limited experience with products besides Decware, as if they stumbled upon Decware and never bothered with other brands. Maybe this is positive, that once experienced they don't have the typical audiophile itch to try other amps. I'm specifically struck by the new Torii MKIII push-pull amp, which in description and looks is just beautiful. So does it interest anyone here? Has anyone actually heard it, or it's previous incarnations? If so how does it rate amongst the other quality tube amps, whether Blue Circle, Cary, Vac, Almarro, Atma-Sphere, etc...?
Jtnicolosi  (Threads | Answers | This Thread)

09-03-10
  Responses (51-89 of 89)
Click title to read one, or click date to read all below it.

05-30-11   Would anybody be able to relate experiences comparing decwar ...   Cfluxa

05-31-11: Dies_irae
I understand why a low profile designer/manufacturer, especially one a bit iconoclastic and with a dedicated fan base, might generate some of these impressions, but in my dealings with the Decware community, I believe these are inaccurate impressions. Many in the Decware user base have in fact been all over the map with product, and some might be relatively untested, but once seduced, stay seduced. ;-). I came to Decware late in life, having been a builder or owner of everything from Dynakits as a youngster to Carver to Quad (electronics and speakers), Linn, Infinity, Conrad-Johnson, Maggies, Acoustats, Transcendence, etc. So, please try not to form impressions about a product based on misinformation about its customers.
Dies_irae  (Answers | This Thread)

05-31-11   I understand the interest in comparing decware to other stuf ...   Scrubjay

05-31-11   Sorry about the double post... i must have messed up.   Scrubjay

06-12-11   I own a decware system.i am currently using the select monob ...   Baggs

06-27-11   Decware? lots of substance there. about 10 years ago i purc ...   Mikes_inco

07-15-11   I'm using the torii 3 to drive a pair of zu soul superfly s ...   Gopher

07-15-11   Op, only thing left to do is try it.   Pubul57

07-19-11   I just replaced the stock fuse with a hifi tuning supreme an ...   Lacee

07-20-11   Question: how much heat does the zen tori throw off. i wen ...   Ajy55906

07-20-11   A lot hotter than a class d amp, yet cooler than a large cla ...   Pubul57

10-31-11   Just want to add my experience for the record. i have owned ...   Maprik

10-31-11   You use the built in attenuator? no csps?   Pubul57

11-07-11   I do not use the built in attenuator, there are two rca inpu ...   Lacee

03-07-12   This is all very exciting to me, as i am waiting for my tori ...   Douger

03-08-12   Hope you enjoy :)   Pubul57

06-11-12   First, i am sorry that pubul57 is no longer with us since 4- ...   Douger

06-16-12   I bought a zen se84cs kit some years ago to run with the kli ...   Hdrider

06-20-12   I have a decware csp2+ headphone amp paired with a set of be ...   Lordsoth

06-21-12   Those tubes are almost impossible to find.   Sberger

06-23-12   The op back in 2010 mentions no genuine reviews. there is o ...   Jeff_ss

07-27-12   I have only owned solid state amps that cost a bit more than ...   Samelung

07-31-12   Now that i have had my torii mkiii for nearly two months, i ...   Douger

09-05-12   I'm strongly considering the torii mk iii, but i'm in a deli ...   Hygienist

09-06-12   The torii by itself is not a romantic sounding amp and proba ...   Gopher

09-15-12   Hygienist, i am a vocal junkie. the torri is incredible with ...   Orangecrush

09-15-12   Orangecrush: i had almost the exact same tube compliment an ...   Morganc

09-15-12   Has anyone heard the new torii monos?? impressions?   Weebeesdad

09-16-12   They were just announced this week and since decware has a t ...   Morganc

09-16-12   Hi morganc, the website say the soul superfy's use the zu260 ...   Orangecrush

09-16-12   Forgot to add, i had my torri built with 16 ohm and 8 ohm tr ...   Orangecrush

09-16-12   Yes the ho drivers are the ones that i had with my omen defs ...   Morganc

09-18-12   I have never heard the decware amps but i do have one of the ...   Zaphodbeeblebrox

09-10-13   Gopher, did you buy a tori mk 3 with vcaps, just wondering. ...   Jwt

10-30-13   I can't speak for your experience but i have asked decware a ...   Samelung

10-31-13   I have several hundred hours on my torii, and it works flawl ...   Psag

11-04-13   yes, lots of substance at decware. the only product of the ...   Dklk

12-27-13   I ordered a decware se84ckc 2 watt zen in early oct--it was ...   2a3nut

01-20-14   I am having my csp2+ decware pre-amp upgraded to the newly a ...   Snapontom

< Prev 1 | 2

Post your response
Subject

Your response

No html, but you may use markup tags

Username
Members only

Password