The Economy.. will hi end audio mfgs lower prices?

The state of California just laid off 20,000 employees. National unemployment is at a 30 year high.

Will there be a shake-out in high end audio? Will we continue to see $10k preamps and $30k amps?

According to the article below, prices of most consumer goods, especially big ticket consumer goods are going down.

....copy and paste it into your browser

http://finance.yahoo.com/tech-ticker/article/176714/American-Retail-Goods-On-Sale-Now----and-Forever?tickers=sks,%5Egspc,%5Edji,wmt,jwn,wfmi,cost
128x128mitch4t
Matti, out of curiosity, can you tell me a stock that the stock market has treated kindly :)
{quote] ut of curiosity, can you tell me a stock that the stock market has treated kindly [/quote]

Gold has done well. I advised this a little over a year ago when I warned A'goners about the coming stock market rout and financial crisis. Everyone laughed at me at the time. My Puts (taken out in Dec '07 betting against the DJIA did pretty well too.
Pinkus, I hear ya. But HAR was mauled as if it were a financial. Down 80% YOY. If you plot it against something like BBY you can really see it. Net/net is that folks just aren't going to have the discretionary dollars they have had in the past...
Okay Shadorne, so you were right. Tell us what's next. Will Dow go down to 4500 as some now predicts. Boy, it is going to take another 10+ years to recover if that happens.
I also took my money out of stocks and invested in gold about 3 years ago, this based on advice of economists predicting this very debacle. It was so easy to see, any of these financial service wizards could have told you if they had the guts. Always keep in mind these guys have no incentive to tell you the truth, it would undermine their livelihood. Can you imagine all these wizards advising their clients to get out of stocks, the stock market would tank, the golden goose would be cooked. I bet a lot of these guys got their money out, left their clients in.