Have you heard the new Zanden digital gear?

What was your impression? I've read reviews and manufacturer statements. All seem to make sense, optimizing 16/44 without trying to turn it into something else. Also tube output. The reviews seem quite positive but I'd like to hear some real world opinions.
128x128rja
I just received my new Zanden 5000 Signature with the outboard power supply and all I can say is it's performance is staggering. Bear in mind you'll have to pair this with a top notch transport to truly enjoy the Zanden's full capabilities. I've used a CEC TL1-X, Wadia 861SE (as a transport)but the new Ensemble Dirondo transport is an order of magnitude better.
James1969, Have you heard the DCC2? If so, would you mind comparing it to your Zanden?
The Audio Note of course is very good and there are some similarities to the Zanden which has a similar design philosophy. Having heard the 3.1x and not the 4.1x in my search for the ultimate DAC, I'd have to say that the Zanden allows you to forget somewhat more that you're listening to a playback device and to connect with the music somewhat more. My experience with the 3.1x is that it was smooth, possibly too smooth though quite pleasant to listen to, it did however impart a consistent character to everything I heard on it. The Zanden brings the musical event home with aplomb and has less of a character of slick oiled back smoothness; individuality remains but life, energy, voices, etc. have more real to life uniqueness to them IMHO.