Best Digital USB cables under $ 300.00 ??

Hello to all:

I am seeking a digital USB cable under $300 that is a balanced and high performer

for the money.  I appreciate any recommendations, and also specifics as to why you recommend a particular cable.  The cable must be available with a USB-C

connector on one end.

Many Thanks!!!

fastcat95

Cables are interdependent on what you connect them to. I can't say you will like what I like but for under $300 I prefer Pangea and Mapleshade.

Try the SKW brand....on Amazon.....$35.00....Excellent for minimal outlay.

I have more expensive USB cables here and the above works well for me...YMMV

CHEERS....

I settled in on Audioquest vodka for my HT system and AQ coffee for my 2 channel system. Bought both used and they check all my boxes.  Tried SKW, Pangea, lower levels of AQ and others as well but these sounded by far the best.  Great SQ  for the  money and in my mind the sweet spot in their line without getting into big money.

This USB cable from LavriCables offers high-end build features (including separate runs for data and power and 5N silver conductors) for much less than you’ll find elsewhere.  They don’t list USB-C as a standard connector, but I know they’re open to building custom cables so wouldn’t surprise me if they might be able to accommodate you for your specific needs so worth an email I’d think. 

https://www.lavricables.com/cables/ultimate-silver-dual-usb-a-b-interconnect-cable/

Another option would be the DHLabs Mirage that looks like it offers USB-C as an option…

https://www.thecableco.com/cables/usb-cable/mirage-usb-cable.html

Best of luck. 

DH Labs Mirage is a great cable.   Separate power / data insulation .  Sounds great between my Aurender N200 and Lab 12 DAC.    

I also have their D750 and  Air Matrix cryo RCA.  Really good cables for the money

Check out Wireworld Starlight. Great performing cables for not a lot of money. I like the earlier DH labs recommendation, too.

Hey @fastcat95 , are you looking for a usb-c on the sending side (from computer) or receiving side (into dac)? Also, how long of a cable are you requiring at still being under $300? Are you able to save a little extra if the cable is THAT much better than the rest? Most quality usb cables for audio come in a usb-A for sending (computer side) and usb-B for receiving (dac side) but I know you could use the iFi usb devices (iPurifer and iSilencer) to adapt those into usb-c at either side AND get some extra performance. The main thing would be if you’re able and willing to push your budget up a little bit for the RIGHT cable. I’ve tested a few in this range, and the Hapa Ember beats the pants off of them for sound quality in almost every category. Problem is, a 0.5m cable by itself is the top end of your budget, but if you add the iFi devices it puts that option just above budget unless you can pick one up used. I know it’s worth it though.

Hapa Ember USB

Ember review tour on Audiocircle

-Lloyd

I recommend looking at Curious Cables USB, a little over your budget ($350.00 new). I compared it to multiple other cables, some of them were in the $2500 range and in my opinion the Curious cable sounded the best. I just recently upgraded to their Curious Evolved USB cable ($550) and I think it’s phenomenal. 

The best digital cable I’ve heard--and the last one I bought--is the Oyaide DR-510. Price is under $300 for a length under 1M. I got the 1.3M. Note that the same cable can be had with BNC terminations (that one is DB-510).

The DR-510 sounded noticeably better than the previous digital cables I used, so much so that I never stopped using it in my main system. Currently it carries signal from a DDC to my DAC, the MHDT Labs Orchid.

https://www.thecableco.com/cables/digital-cables/digital-spdif/dr-510-db-510-digital.html