Rogue M-150's sonic flavour

Hi Guys;

I have not heard the Rogue M-150's. but they look like fun. I was hoping some of you could tell me their sonic "flavour". Are they rich and warm like older CJ gear, or more detailed and dynamic like some ARC gear?
valvesandvinyl
I cuurently own Rogue M-120's Mono Blocks but I moonlight in a store that sells Rogue products. The M-150's are outstanding when matched to the 99 Pre amp. I picked Rogue over Audionote SET amps, which till I heard the 120's and 150's I used to listen all the time. It does a lot of things right, midrange, mid bass punch and bass extentsion. I switched them to Triode and have never switched them back. Also and as important, I have called Mark O'Brien on times of customer needs, The service is second to none. I have sold two pairs recently and the customers have been the happiest of the products we sell.

About the sound: I find it easiser to compare the 120 and 150's but you haven't heard either. The 150's are very detailed and also accurate, at times I think the extension is that of a solid state but the mid range is definetly tube. The over all sound is very pleasant and non fatigueing.

Capt Ky
Yes - I auditioned them both in my system. At the time my system was an Audio Aero CD player going directly into the power amps. The speakers are aCapella High Violons.
I greatly preferred the power of the Zeus - they matched my system better, however I could see this being a matter of taste. The sound through the 150s was more upfront and a bit too lively- read bright maybe. But in the right system that could be just what is needed. There is also a difference in the feeling of effortless power that the Zeus has. It should for the difference in the price!

I've owned the M-150s for over 10 years now.  I've found tube rolling can get great results with these amps.  12ax7s, 12au7s, EI34s, Kt88s, all can make a difference.The 2 12au7s will make the least different.  Mullard NOS and other 12ax7s can really tone down "brightness.  I occasionally use NOS Mullard CV491s as the input  tube in each amp.  They are equivalent to 12AU7s.  I lose a bit of gain but they sound great.  Usually I use Valvos as the input tube in each amp.  

I have a bunch of gear.  The M-150s used now are a great buy for the money.

I've owned the M-150s for over 10 years now.

Thank you for your contribution to this 18 year old thread. 

Thank you for your contribution to this 18 year old thread. 

😂
@sholtz 's tube rolling advice was solid, though. Big Rogue amps sound clean, neutral, and dynamic. Definitely not warm sweet and lush like a "classic" tube amp. But they are indeed a good platform for using tube rolling to nudge the sonic flavor a bit towards a desired direction. Mullards will always nudge it towards the warm & lush side. 

Sometimes they've shipped their amps with tube complements that would be considered on the "bright" side of things - for example in 2010 I got a new pair of Apollos with EH KT90 and EH Gold 12AX7 and Gold 12AU7. Definitely wouldn't have been my choice, but this was easily pulled back to neutral with some tube rolls.