Zu Omen or Tekton Lore

Best floorstanders under $999 for low power SET amp?

Thanks
mstark
Since this seems to be the forum where people are mentioning their impressions of Tekton Design speakrs, I thought I'd chime in now that I'm 2 months into ownership of my Pendragons.

I'm loving them more than ever!

FWIW in case people are curious, the First Watt F5 clone amp I was using for the review had yet another calibration problem which is now fixed, so the slight imaging issue I mentioned in my review appears to be gone.

They are now by far the best speakers I've ever heard!

I'm even building a set of custom high-power First Watt F5 Monoblocs to use with the Pendragons. This time I'm going to calibrate them using an objective measurement system like a digital scope, sheesh!
Great to hear this! It also coud have been a little bit of break in that was needed. It took my first pair 6-8 weeks to fully break in.

Now we have 2 testimonials of one of the best speakers out there!
I read your personal review Eboleyn. I thought comparing some small speakers to very large speaker seemed a little interesting. Imaging for small to large speakers can be different simply because of the mass compared to the room size. It's kind of like comparing a motorcycle to a ferrai. Both can do the job they are meant to do, but obviously they are very different.

Nice job though. Glad to hear you are enjoying them. Keep up the reviews.

P.S. Pictures seem to be fixed on the mini lore review.
I ended up comparing the small speakers to the very large speaker as I have not heard a large floorstander in that price range that was nearly as good. For example, I listened to both the Polk Audio LSI15 and LSI25, and they seemed ... well, the best way I can describe it is "sloppy" by comparison to the monitors. Both the Polk LSI9 and Amphion Argon 2's have been very well-received as peaks of their respective lines in the past.

The main point being I had been convinced that floorstanders that didn't cost a mint would never be adequate for me in the ways I liked the monitors.

The Tekton Pendragons frankly took me by surprise.
anyone here make to the audiofest 2011. saw they had the new def mk iv. not sure i could ever justify the price but wondered how it sounded.