For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

Showing 50 responses by tomic601

But while we are on the subject, a time and phase correct speaker, of which there are few will most certainly reward a hyper precise setup. Tape measures are for hacks, get yourself a Leica Disto. Include ear height ( most people’s chin ). Per Steve - The Jim Smith book is excellent and good used copy go for $10 ish on Amazon... more than 100 things to try out....

I was lucky to catch The Pretenders at a small hall ( Mershon ) early 80’s….off charts fantastic…..

LiL Feat - Dixie Chicken

Yes the Fairport and RT and Sandy D fans are legion here on this thread... Forheringay 2 !!!!

Power outage, so late start and then my stack of NOS Mullard and RCA showed up…about 30 minutes into a warmup LP… Guess tube rolling will commence tomorrow… 

Starting w Traffic box set …after Krauss / Plant finish opening set duty…

I am a vacuum tube robot stuck in a ones and zero world

Mullards / RCA in ! breakin commences…

I am a robot on tube selection jury duty

Welcome back James ! No man is a volcanic Island

I am a robot dog paddling to… Maui

@dayglow I understand but we do veer into gear now and then…I listened to 12 phono stages in my quest and the Herron came out on top of stages that would fit in my cabinet nook. I can say few of the 12 were quieter. The Herron out of production but can be found now and then… Good luck to you !,, The Goldnote also notable in easy settings, quiet and musical. The Croft RIAA is a steal if you only need MM gain. i never comment on gear i have not heard, so don’t consider my inputs as anything like comprehensive. Hopefully others will chime in.

I am a quiet tube robot

Jim

James, i miss Esperanza so very much, i wish I could say yes..but there are two voters… thx for asking…

Zeppelin - In Thru the Out Door ( i remember listening to this in the dorm room, JBL L-110 vs. Infinity Qb with a 210 wpc Phillips amp…. we may, may have inhaled…

Trying to see if during breakin the Mullard 12ax7 has ANY treble extension…. they do…

I am an ozium spraying Robot

Jackie McLean - Right Now! ( Blue Note reissue 84215 ) 

Poor Eric is a favorite 
I know... BK thanks so much - I am
streaming Magenta and man do memories come flooding back... fun
To paraphrase Lowell George;
I met a Sapphire in Georgia
and it felt all right
spinning some vinyl
On the SOTA tonight...

I have a soft spot in my heart and ear for the Dyna 17 Ruby :-) fun !!! 

Boxer thanks for the jolt....

Low - The Great Destroyer

this is on my top 12 desert island discs....

love the layers of compression and grunge.... tubes overdriven into blue plasma....
@reubent got 27 today , monster hills for me.

Nightbird might be my fave Eva song and album
Dayglow ! 8675309 ( hopefully Audiogon won’t filter that ) Jenny, Jenny who can I turn to ?

saw em live
I just ordered from Discogs $10 for DMM in NM from seller w 100% feedback....we shall listen and provide feedback......fun

Fagen - Nightfly

Cohen - Darker and now Live in London

I am a reverential Robot in the tower of song

” when they said repent, i wondered what they meant “

@bslon +++++ for crazy Dan, love that disc

Cat - Teaser and the Firecat ( 50 th ) perfect disc for the emerging midrange greatness of the Mullards… 

I a robot for musical truth

RSD gem - Dusty - The Complete Atlantic Singles 1968 - 1971 ( mono )

Aggravating sonics one second followed by brilliance, on balance forceful genius….highly recommended even with a stereo cartridge 

i am a stereo robot seeking a part time mono relationship

@noromance hanging by the fire like that could lead to mono after stereo !
John Prine ( RIP ) - Fair and Square - compliments of @slaw - thanks so much Steve !,,,,,,,
Greg - how fitting I believe the very first post of this thread mentioned Idylewild south....

I think max on SOTA is 9” but that might be a dustcover constraint - check w Donna -At SOTA she was big time Jelco dealer 
The Congos- Heart of the Congos ( Blood and Fire pressing )

this is as analog as it gets:-)