What's under YOUR CD player?

Will I really improve the sound from my Ikemi CD player by putting something under it, other than the walnut shelf it sits on inside my antique hutch stereo cabinet?

Will upgrading the power cord to a PS minilab cable help also?

Or, should I just play the music?

(it's fun though, isn't it!)
jbatlanta

Showing 1 response by caterham1700

Subject: Exciting News! Announcing Flatulence * by GreaterRanges

A recent financial epiphany and subsequent reversal of my philosophical,ethical and moral standards initiated by our generous investors has spurred the overnite development of an all new isolation product from GreaterRanges:

The Flatulence* Iso-Field Effect Reverberation Nullifier(patent applied for).

Flatulence* steals from virtually every known isolation measure of mass market appeal and dubious merit in order to make my company a decent profit for a change.Pricing will reflect the sheer size and prestige of the product with our CES introductory special @ US$59,899.oo each plus shipping for the hand rubbed and spit polished rosewood veneer standard model( rare & endangered tropical hardwood finishes available upon request).

Each and every Flatulence* is individually touched and inspected by renounced isolation guru and audio craftsman,Ken Lyon.
For an unspecified limited time, an exclusive special edition of 1000 "Ken Lyon Signature Flatulence* Iso-Field Effect Reverberation Nulliers" will be made available for an additional $5000 per unit(cash only-unmarked currency).
Each exclusive KL Signature edition is supplied with a hand autographed gold coloured plaque, certificate of authenticity and will have its bladder personally filled by the master himself.

Flatulence* provides nearly absolute damping of distracting musical energy and abstract emotional content thru the use of a massive 750 pound composite slab consisting of a specially blended matrix of ground lead pellets,sorbothane,powdered silica, asbestos,alnico and portland cement to form a magnetically-charged repulsive levitation platform floating above a secret proprietary liquid damped latex bladder base.

The Flatulence* isolation platform weighs no less than 920 pounds and is housed in a 10.2 cubic foot constrained layer deep gloss lacquered cabinet for a crushingly dead and listless environment for your audio components.

The results must be heard to be believed!
With Flatulence* the sound coming from your system will be as toxic as the device itself.

Glossy Photos, technical details and snazzy charts coming soon.
Sneak preview for CES attendees-A special export model for the world market tentatively named "Incontinence" will also be shown at CES in static display.

Regards,
Ken Lyon
Greater Ranges/Flatulence*

------------------------------------------------------------
Flash! Just In-
Audio Press goes Nutz for Flatulence*.

"I just sat there dumbfounded and motionless for hours.
Who needs Home Theatre when you can watch music like this?"
"5 bunnies!"
Rob Doorstop - Listening Fatigue

"...interesting."
Sam Tellall - Quadraphile & 8 Track Review

"...like having a whole new record collection to explore.Everything was just SO different."
"...disorienting."
Michael Freebie- The Absolute Opinion

Experience Flatulence in Suite 2115,Alexis Park