OCD mickey website and negativity.

I see videos from this individual frequently he's got a show every night almost on YouTube which is live. It's interesting.

I'm not familiar with the brands on his website and he doesn't seem to be happy about lots of stuff. He visits stores and complains about how terrible their equipment is and that no one knows what they're doing without really explaining him himself.

I've learned many things from him but I don't know why his gear that he represents seems lacklustre, I'm not gonna mention it here but maybe I'm wrong. There are many outstanding so-called higher end audio gear that's out there and he doesn't seem to carry any of it.  

emergingsoul

My quick take on him:

He's a smart guy, been in the industry a long time, and knows a lot.

From what I've seen of his videos, he is often informative and helpful.

The gear he carries seems like very good stuff. I don't know how his customer service is.

He has a very loyal following, often willing to attack in youtube threads.

He himself is often snarky and supercilious. He markets his business on the back of the campaign, "The audio industry is lying to you but I can tell  you how and why they do that -- and sell you gear."

His critiques are sometimes on-target, sometimes off-target, but his main tactic is to generate buzz by being snarky and presenting himself as a radical "truth to power" guy.

Surely, he's right some portion of the time -- about bad gear, bad marketing, hype, and the over-targeting of the super-rich in audio. But he does this in a way which makes him a hero to some and a villain to others.

That's my take after watching many videos and having some online exchanges with him.

I generally agree with what hilde45 said. I would add, Mickey is a refreshing alternative to the "everything sounds great if they advertise with us" magazines and the "only measurements can tell the truth" people out there. He has strong opinions based on his experience. Yes, he can be snarky but he can also be really funny and helpful. 

He seems to ignore a lot of very good gear that's out there and tends to be in a very narrow product line.  I'm not sure what to make of what he offers and it all seems on the lower end price Side.  

Hard to say whether he's trying to make money or just likes doing a YouTube channel. His website really doesn't have very much on it when it comes to used gear. It's kind of a spar website overall so I don't think that's his main goal to promote and improve this website. He doesn't seem to care if you buy from him or someone else so he's definitely a mystery.  Sort of in the camp with this other guy called Jay and I think they're great friends but hard to say.  Doing a YouTube channel is difficult and you don't make money from it so it's very weird.

Many of these wannabe YT influencers manufacture drama and anger to create a sense of excitement and urgency and, they hope, a loyal following. It just all seems so silly to me.