New Synergistic Product: Tuning Discs

I was lucky enough to be asked to try out a prototype of a new Synergistic Research product. For now, I think they are calling it a Tuning disc.

What it looks like is a small wafer (smaller than a dime and is very thin). They are either in gold or purple tops and are attached using some tacking substance. I placed 2 on top of my Shunyata Sigma V2 interconnects.

I wasn’t expecting much but whoa, did these things work! First, I tried the purple on my interconnects and boy did the soundstage widen with lots of air.

Then I tried the gold discs and though the sound stage shrunk perhaps a little but the naturalness of the music was fantastic!

Hard to believe that these things work so well, I am really impressed.

ozzy

128x128ozzy

thyname,

When I asked Andrew at Synergistic Research about the price, he said they should sell for under $200 for 4 discs. But I guess he could be mistaken. They look to be really inexpensive, but I'm not aware of what went into it to create them.

ozzy

I surely hope so. Alfred Kainz from High End Electronics did not have any answer to this question, and did not know when they would be available for sale. Perhaps @ted_denney can clarify? Also Ted, when is the new Atmosphere SX Reference USB going to be released?

What a shame that we still see unscientific rubbish still populating what should be a clean and honest audio enthusiasts forum.

There should be no product advertising here. Instead we get people sponsored to show their products need to be in the advertising columns.

Adrian 🇦🇺

There should be no product advertising here. Instead we get people sponsored to show their products need to be in the advertising columns.

Adrian 🇦🇺

I agree 100%. I don't care if these things work or not that isn't the point.

I've mentioned this before and actually flagged this thread as being advertising. It's ruining this forum.

Not saying I disagree and one can draw other conclusions from the content of this discussion…..I think Ozzie honestly was reporting his findings. I know manufacturers have sent advance product to members hoping for this type result. Creating a buzz.