New Linear Parasound Halo JC1+ monoblocks, an even more improved new John Curl design

The good old linear Halo JC1’s monoblocks were released 2003 and were one of the best and could drive anything without a sweat, even the Wilson Alexia with 0.9ohm loading.
These new linear JC1+ monoblocks have some very good improvements, and even better drive ability than the old.
At $17k not exactly cheap, but probably better than any others amp around that pricing.
Enjoy.
https://www.stereophile.com/content/parasound-halo-jc-1-monoblock-power-amplifier-0

Cheers George
128x128georgehifi
     I've owned the JC1+ monos for a few months driving my Wilson Sasha 1 loudspeakers.  They pair very nicely with my ARC Ref 6 preamp.
They replaced my Levinson 33H monos.  Very dynamic and extremely
quiet.  Seemingly unlimited  power reserves.  They also do not generate as much heat as the Levinsons and are about half the weight to boot!   Very happy with the move.   
vmk

The ML 33H’s were a good wattage doubler, and should drive even the Wilson Alexia’s 0.9ohm without stress being able to do:
300w-8ohms
500w-40hms
900w-2ohms
I think it would have more come down to the character sound of the amp you liked. Do you listen to the Halo JC1’s in "high bias mode"??? As they definitely sound their best to me in that, as in low bias to me they sound a touch dry, but then you feed them with a tube pre.

All the big early ML’s I’ve heard and worked on, have a dark’ish sound and a little soft in put you through the wall dynamics.
Save for one, the mighty ML2 monoblocks, but they are only 25w Class-A total. But 50w-4ohms 100w-2ohms 400w-1ohm still able to drive the Alexia’s to a certain volume effortlessly.

Cheers George
George,
     I use the amps in high bias mode but the lower gain setting that seems to match my preamp better.   I've upgraded the stock power cords with Shunyata Alpha NR cables to nice effect.
             All the best!
I rather buy Accuphase if I were looking to spend close to $20,000 on power amp seperates. I'm sure the Parasound have more grunt but let's be honest even Alexia 2 that seem to be your often touted punish load speaker don't need anything near 180amperes of power, even for peaks.

And when you're spending this much money looks are important too. I do not like or appreciate the understated brushed metal chassis that Parasound is known for. Nor do I feel comfortable paying for anything assembled in the far east for these prices.

even Alexia 2 that seem to be your often touted punish load speaker don’t need anything near 180amperes of power, even for peaks.

0.9ohms epdr is almost a dead short, there is no "don’t need anything like" that’s why they sound sooo good into the Alexia’s compared to limp d**k class-d, mosfet or tubes into them.
Yes better was the Gryphon Antillion with even more current, by a small margin, but way too expensive. We’ve done the a/b on the Alexia’s

I do not like or appreciate the understated brushed metal chassis that Parasound is known for.

Every "glitz queen" has his own idea of what’s beautiful, I like the industrial way they look without handles, but that’s not the reason for their sound.

Nor do I feel comfortable paying for anything assembled in the far east for these prices.
Each to his own, my new Volvo T5 is also, and a joy to drive and goes and handles like it’s on rails. And if the JC1+'s were built in the US they'd be double the $$

Cheers George