New Krell s550i Impressions?

Looking for information on this new Integrated. Performance, quality, concerns? Thank you in advance.
zenieth

Showing 9 responses by audiolabyrinth

It Is upsetting to me that this new intergrated is made in china like the other intergrated amp!, Krell told me on the phone a couple of months ago that they were going to build a new facility on the grounds to start building the lower tier componets!, Then they come out with this intergrated amp that is made in china!,Lets hope the tech rep there that told me that is not pulling my leg!, I have been an avid Krell fan for years!, I have a Krell 700cx now!, and will be getting another 300I or 400xI for my second system! cheers!
I find the discontinued kav300I to be a great sounding amp, as well as the 400xI, two made in the u.s.a. intergrateds that are really worth more than the asking price new!, Krell should get back to their original quality of these intergrateds!, I am a huge Krell fan!, I recently owned a Kav300I and loved it!, never owned the 400xI, has eanybody compaired these two amps?, I owned before I got the kav300I and still own the Krell 700cx, now thats one hell of an amp,LOL!, I want to own another Kav300I or the 400xi for building second system, what do all of you prefer, the 300I or 400xI??,, cheers!
@ Audioman58, Hi, cograts on your krell s550I, I value your opinion, I am suprised the 550I is as good as you stated, That would be cool if you did a complete review here when you reach full break-in of the unit, that would be an asset to all of us krell fans if you did, cheers.
@ Boisehomes, Hi, I am awaiting the out come of your exsperience, when you get the amp to operate correctly, If you care to give a full review of the sound with comparisons to other amps at the same price point would be good, I have had the 300I, and I liked it for a second system before, I have a brand new 700cx now with modern caps instead of 2005 caps for the main system, Happy Holidays.
@ Brenro, Hi, A couple of days ago I believed Krell maybe would only have these new line of amps that you are talking about, I have thought about this for a few days, I recall the amp releases of the past, you may remember that the Kav line had a intergrated amp and a few high powered stereo amps, and multi-channel amps while they made the fpb series amps, I may call krell and ask about my suspicions, which is this new line is the new economical line, I have a fpb 700cx that was around $14,500.00 new, then the 402 evo-E amp is $18,000.00 retail new, that said,I do not believe these new amps can out perform the cx and evo E amps for the asking price, think about the 402 evo E amp is twice the retail price compaired to the Duo-300, so it is my opinion that Krell sometime soon will release cost no object amps again, what do you think of my theory here?
@ pojuojuo, well that would be a good fix for Krell!, Rumours, to bad its not a fact!, so you are saying Dan told you this?, I care less about the distributor, they are wishing!, but if this came out of Dan's mouth, that would shine a new light on the matter!, thankyou, I look forward to your response.
@ Brenro, Hi, I agree with your post, A year ago I might not have agreed with you, I'm wanting to read about krell's first attempt at making these down market amps that's suppose to sound better than the evo E series amps that costed alot more money than the new krell amps, It would be nice if Dan D' Agostino would make his amps more cost friendly, instead what the momentum mono and stereo amps cost, something like a stereo amp with the power of my 700cx has and cost around $18,000.00 or less. I just totally renewed the 700cx at krell beyond the 2005 specs, krell claims it's the only one out there, costed alot of money!, they used caps that was not available in 2005 amongst other tweeks, To tell you the truth, I would like my next amp to be made by Dan D' Agostino, That is the reason I modded the 700cx, It reminds me of Dans former glory days, to me it was the last high quality built stereo amp krell made with Dan!