Has anyone bought the OPPO 105 and has an opinion

Trying to compare the OPPO BDP-105 and the SONY XA5400ES. Any body have any thoughts?
128x128eliotone

Showing 5 responses by tbg

Rockyboy, yes it is a modified Oppo 105 we are talking about not the 95 or earlier. I think the new output stage they put into the Oppo in this mod. really makes it exceptional.

I own an Exemplar eXpo T-105 which is based on the Oppo 105. It has a tube analog amplification stage and is considerably better than the stock Oppo. It is considerably better than my old Weiss Dac202. I have been doing without any universal player for a long time, so I am enjoying the new freedom with new software.

I must say that I fully expected my music server to outperform the Oppo playing cds or even sacds, but that is not the case despite the careful ripping done by my server. My biggest complaint about the Oppo is that when you turn it off your input selection is cancelled. The USB input is the last on the menu.

I have never used it with video as I watch none, but the owner of Oppo is a videophile, I'm told.
Rockyboy, I have never compared the Arcam and the Oppo, but have compared the stock Oppo 105 with the Exemplar moded unit. There was no comparison

I do know that the Oppo 105 on video is just exceptional and that the owner is primarily interested in video.
I heard the latest updates the OPPO 105 by Exemplar Audio at the RMAF 2015. It was truly exceptional. Primarily, it was being used as a dac after a music server.