Best SUT For Van Den Hul Crimson Stradivarius cartridge

Please suggest a SUT For Van Den Hul Crimson Stradivarius cartridge.
I currently own a Ypsilon MC26L Ypsilon VPS 100 Phonostage.

However the highs are high. Since the cart is putting out 0.95 mV, it may be overdriving the phono stage as MC26L has 26 amplification ratio.

Even the lowest amplification ratio Ypsilon MC10 is recommended for carts 0.4-0.6 mV. 

I am not sure if there are SUTs with 5 amplification ratio.
kanchi647

Showing 16 responses by kanchi647

@lewm the VPS 100 -> CARY SLP 05 -> CARY CAD 211 FE -> KEF Blade speakers.
I did connect the cartridge directly into VPS 100, but had to increae the volume to 100% to get enough sound level.
Which is why I am looking for a SUT.
@lewm 
Yes, I realized that one cannot increase the impedance by connecting resistors in parallel.
I have a Ypsilon MC26L SUT for Ikeda Kai cartridge which has 1:26 turns ratio. 57K||26x26= 84ohms. 
I belive the internal impedance of VDH could be 20-40 ohms and 10 times would be 200-400 ohms.
In my case, the ratio is much less and what I am hearing is very high, high frequency response and decreased bass. 
I am not considering changing the line stage because I read good things about the SLP05 and does a good job with other cartridges.

@bukanona I could not find any EMT STX 5/10 for sale. Is the EMT STX20 silver coil? It has 10db gain and will be enough gain for the VDH Crimson cartridge.

@mijostyn currently using Cary CAD 211FE monoblocks. I also have Conrad Johnson LP260M SE monoblocks. KEF Blade speakers.
I used XLR cables from Ypsilon VPS100 to Cary SLP05 and from Cary to CAD 211FE. The sound was very low. 
@lewm thanks for all the explanation.

I have read about 10-20 articles detailing all about impedance (47K)/square of turns ratio and how to modify the load using parallel resistors at the out put and in put.

If I use 1:10 turns ratio, the cart sees 470 ohms. I also know that, I can calculate the parallel resistors I need to use to decrease the loading.

What I am struggling to understand is the following, what is the best loading for a given cartridge. 

For example: the VDH Crimson Stradivarius says optimal load impedance of 20 - 600 ohms, which is such a large range.

I contacted VDH to tell me the exact internal impedance of the cartridge.

If they say the internal impedance of the VDH is 20 ohms. Then how do I use that number to come up with the best loading. 
@bukanona mine is Crimson Stradivarius which has an output of 0.95 mV. At the bottom of the page, it says Stradivarius specs coming...
All the comments greatly appreciated.

Can you please suggest a good line stage/Pre-amp.

Thanks!!
Is MC2300 a good pre-amp compared to Cary SLP05? and MC275 version VI compared to Cary CAD 211FE. One of my friends is trying to sell the pair.

Has anyone compared Audionote ANS7 vs Head TX4 vs Audio Technica AT1000T vs EAR 100.

Thanks
Nanda
I heard magic today!!
I set up Ikeda Kai with MC26L, VPS100 and used smartractor and Analogmagik to setup the cartridge.
It was pure magic.
The best setup I heard so far!! (my sound memory is not that great!!)
I would like to thank @fsonicsmith for letting me listen to his system which encouraged me to go for that magic. I had listened to a 1000K Greg Beron system 1 yr ago. 
Analogmagik really helped me to setup accurately.
I used my DIY Cables using helix geometry (I compared mine to high priced cables three different brands in total in 5-20K range), I don't want to reveal names and step on anyone's toes.
I made DIY sound absorbers and diffusers.
I leaned so many things in the last 3 yrs from all your help in the forums, articles, etc.
My VanDen Hul crimson is in for tuneup and I will report once it returns in a few weeks.
@lewm i always knew that VDH is a poor combination with MC26L. Which is why I asked which was the best SUT.
then I went on and learned about impedance matching, what exactly it means, etc
i had email exchanges with Dave who even sent me different data how SUTs work..
I even experimented with changing the input loading and output loading..
I am learning and having fun!!
@fsonicsmith even though your post sounded dismissive, your intentions behind the post was for me the get the best sound out of my system..
when I met you, my skill and audio knowledge was let’s say 1, now I have come a long way.
of-course I spoke to many you referred me and learned form many on the way..
I learned about room acoustics, made my own diffusers and absorbers.. I will compare mine to still points in the future..
I learned a heck of a lot about cable design, material, dielectrics and terminations.. experimented and made my own DIY ICs, speaker cables and power cables..
I also ran 3 dedicated 20amp lines..
that’s my personality, learn and improve!!