Affordable SS that sound like Tubes

I was a 100% vinyl guy for many years. Due to maintenance cost and aggravation I switched to DSD after a lot of research and I have no regrets.

I am looking for suggestions on affordable SS that sounds as good as Tubes. 

Here's the rub. My Mid Monos were less than $2,000 brand new and they sound incredible. As does my Pre that costed me less than $1,000.

Integrated suggestions are welcomed.

And I would like to hear from people that had fine tube equipment and switched to fine SS equipment.

And please, no mention of "Tubes have Higher Distortion." LOL

T

128x128tonydennison

My Parasound 200 is a killer integrated.  Its available in a preamp only flavor.  Significantly more pleasing than my Primaluna Pre.  More warmth and body.  Begs to be turned up.  Primaluna begs you to turn it down even with Mullard tubes.  I have learned the hard way, Tubes do not guarantee romance and warmth. 

Accuphase Class A integrateds perhaps ?.. Quite expensive even used but they sound good. But affordable I don't think so.

Belles Aria, a" tube like sound". Not exactly, but it sounds sublime, a little warm, a little smooth, yet plenty of detail. Moving up the chain just gets better.

OP- FYI- some forum member said that Van Alstine Transcendence RB 10 tube preamp + First Watt F8 was an ideal combo

The following is a very recent extract from a member of another forum.

I have met this individual and been introduced / demo'd their work undertaken on Valve and SS Amp's, on some occasions, their Amp's have been compared to much more expensive Branded designs. 

I have also been demo'd the individuals Active OB Speakers along Amp's designed for the role of driving  the Speakers, and can categorically say, that these OB's are the best I have experienced to date. 

This very experienced individual with a vast knowledge of Audio Equipment and who has very strong ties with the UK HiFi Industry, has made this statement about Neurochrome Amp's very recently.

" I've been using a Modulus 86 for a while now, having acquired the "Cadbury" amp built by Alan with dual mono LPS some time ago. I've been very happy with it, it brought to an end many years of playing with various amps both valve and SS. It's the closest thing I've heard at home to a straight wire with gain and have not had any urge for change. Given my speakers are approx' 91-92dB and an easy load, it goes as loud as I could wish.

Saying that, it was always the intention to go for a 686, just in case I'm missing something with the lower powered version. :-)

So what I have so far is- Monoblocks, 500va toroids , active bridges, 4 x 47,000uF per mono.

Anyone have any suggestions for anything else? "