Pink Floyd

I see that all/most of Pink Floyds catalog is being re-mastered and scheduled for release later this year. Any news or insights?
128x128rja
Just another quick historical note - Alan Parsons is the one responsible for the sound behind the original masterpiece DSOTM. Alan still uses B&W speakers, as far as I know, and swears by them.
Might check out Division Bell out of curiosity, like that tune with Steven Hawking.

According to the principles at Astoria, Parsons was not responsible for the "sound behind the original DSOTM" in any significant way. Further, when it came time for the remasters, Guthrie was the unanimous choice because he knew the project better-- inside and out. There as a tiff over that, of course.

According to the studio, the band played the lead role in assuring top sound quality for that particular masterwork, not the mastering engineers. The Studio felt Guthrie was the talent behind the panel, not Parsons, though Alan did get accolades and a lot of the credit.

Guthrie and Doug Sax still work together today and there is no love between those two and Parsons.
Samuel,

Possibly, though Alan Parsons has produced some other really good sounding stuff - so it is hard to believe he did not play a significant role. It wasn't until "The Wall" that James Guthrie became directly involved with PF.
exhilirating or mind numbing...that's a matter of taste. But, there should be NO DENYING that those guys can play.

This sems just right to me Marty, for the Dead or Floyd!

John