Four channel intergrated amp?

Is there such an animal as a "audiophile" four channel intergrated amp? Here is my deal. I am currently using an Integra (Onkyo) DTM 5.3 "reciever". I've had it for years, and it has four channel speaker output that I have really grown accustomed to. I like the speaker pattern both in front and behind me.

I really want to upgrade, as I know this unit is "mid-fi" at best. 95% of my listening is vinyl records, so I need an intergrated amp with a good phono section. So my $64,000 question is if there is such an animal?

I have googled four channel intergrated amp, with no success. My price range is up to $2,500 and only need 40 watts per channel. My speakers are Paradigm monitor and tower speakers. I don't want to loose the four channel experience. Is there a way to do that with going the preamp and two separate amp route?

Thanks in advance for suggestions and advice.
brad34695
Your current Integra DTM-5.3 is a stereo receiver with A/B speaker capability, not actually four channel. So, a stereo integrated amp with A/B speaker will function exactly the same.

In addition to the Marantz, take a look at the Harman Kardon HK 990, and
the NAD C 375BEE with optional phono stage (PP375).
Go with a McIntosh Integrated,call Audio Classics in Vestal New York. Very nice people.
Brad,

As Tls49 mentioned, your Onkyo is a two channel receiver. I believe that you have mistaken the fact that is has two sets of speaker terminals for each side to mean that it is a four channel amp.

The specs for your receiver, as published on Onkyo's website, indicate that your receiver is rated at 100wpc, but they also indicate that your receiver is neither 6 or 4 ohm capable.

From what I gather based on the specs, your current receiver doesn't have a very robust amp section.

What I'm saying is that if your current amp was driving your present speakers, all at once, and it wasn't over heating, then your speakers must not present too much of a load. Either that, or you didn't play them very loud.

Just about any quality two channel integrated should be able to, at the very least, match the performance of your current receiver.

I've been a long time fan of NAD equipment because I think it offers a very good bang for the buck in terms of sound quality and power.

It should drive two pairs of speakers, with a nominal impedance of 8 ohms without problems. It's also going to sound better. What ever you check out, just be sure that it is rated to supply power at the impedance load that your speakers are going to present.

If your speakers have a nominal 8 ohm rating, then running a pair in parallel is going to present a nominal 4 ohm load to the amplifier. I do believe that NAD equipment is rated to at least 4 ohms.

If you just have your heart set on spending the whole $2500, then shop around. There's lots of good stuff out there for the money that you can spend. I'd suggest checking out the classifieds here to see if anything sparks your interest.

For $2500, you could get yourself into something that retails for $4K or more.
Thanks Tony and everyone else who has responded. As you can tell I am very "green" and my terminology about four channels obviously being incorrect. Yes, I have an A/B speaker option, and can engage both at the same time. Again, I really like the four speaker sound surrounding me. :)

My speakers are a pair of Paradigm Monitor V 7.5 at 8 ohms, and a pair of Paradigm Titan Monitor V5 also at 8 ohms. Yes, I don't run them very loud, maybe at volume position 4 out of 10 at max.I find running them louder than that starts to bring on too much distortion.

Matt had mentioned Mac gear which interests me greatly, but from all the research I have done I have not seen an intergrated with A/B speaker selection. I WILL follow up on the other brands and models recommended. A good photo section is paramount, as again the vast majority of my listening is vinyl via a nice Pioneer PL-71 that I recently had recapped.

I have heard other stereo gear in Hi-Fi stores, so I know my current set up is "Mid-Fi" at best. I'm not looking to spend all $2,500, but simply have that as my current budget.

I would love to have four times that, and just by a preamp with two amplifiers. We all have to live within our means.

Again, tyvm for all the replies. I apologize for being so new, but the learning process is a lot of fun!!
Brad, the only newer Mac integrated that has the A/B speaker capability is a MA6500.