emotiva mono block amps any good?

interested in sound quality of emotiva mono block amps.
digital3
A pair of XP-1 monoblocks, 500 wpc @ 8 ohms and 1,000 wpc @ 4 ohms go for $1600 a pair at 160 lbs with free shipping, 30-day free trial and 5 year transferrable warranty.

and for the price of their new stuff, you can get equipment that is arguably better on the used market.

Tonyangel, I'm curious, what is arguably better on the used market for that price?
Anybody know if the reference series amps are a step up from the XPA? ie; XPR-1 vs. XPA-1 and I'm not just talking about the obvious increase in output power.
Tonyangel, I'm curious, what is arguably better on the used market for that price?

Well, if watts equal quality, then they are offering an undeniably good deal. I was referring to sound quality. I don't typically shop for amps rated at 500wpc, but if I was looking to spend $1600 on an amp or two, I'd probably look at the amps that Emotiva is offering (as I often do) and then I would look at the classifieds here.

If you just take a look at what's being offered for sale here at the price of $1600 or less, there are more than a few that many would consider to be "better" and they would be able to make a pretty good argument in support of that point. Just pulling up the amp section I'm seeing the likes of Levinson, Belles, Linn, etc.

Like I said, ARGUABLY better. It isn't always just about the power either.

A pair of XP-1 monoblocks, 500 wpc @ 8 ohms and 1,000 wpc @ 4 ohms go for $1600 a pair at 160 lbs with free shipping, 30-day free trial and 5 year transferrable warranty.

You appear to present the above information to make the point that it is a value that can't be beat; but if this is true, then it could also be said that there is no reason to consider an amp on the used market because you won't be able to find anything better at that price. So...are you saying that the answer to all of the "which amp should I buy?" questions posted on Agon is that they should buy an Emotiva (assuming that Emotiva has a competing model)?

I hope that isn't what you're saying because that would be ridiculous.

I was only suggesting to the OP that there may be other options on the used market. I also asked what model it was that he was interested in, which we do not know yet.

The answer to that question may also make what I said more or less valid.

Don't get me wrong, Emotiva makes some good bang for the buck stuff.
What I'm saying is a direct question. What would be arguably better used for the same price as the new item that I mentioned? I'd like you see what specific examples you cite to back up your statement.

I didn't say or imply that my example couldn't be beat. I merely posted one of their products and asked you for an example of products that would be 'arguably' better. You may be correct...I'd just like to see some examples of your claim.
Oh my gosh. Sorry, I can't resist. But if the question is what would I rather spend $1,600 on in terms of a used amp, a 5 minute brousing of the current listings here produced some possibilities: top pick, Plinius SA-50(1,600); Rowland Model 1 (1,220); Bel Canto M300 monos (1,050); Ayre V3 (1,300); several listings form McIntosh and Classe, etc. I'd take any one of these over an Emotiva. Just my 2 cents.