Red Wine Audio Isabella

so i just ordered my red wine audio Isabella with dac -
http://www.redwineaudio.com/Isabella.html

it just went up for sale yesterday and vinnie of red wine stated that i should have it in 3 weeks. I have been excited about this one since it was mentioned last fall! Anyone else order one? I'll post my impressions once I get it. I have a good feeling that this one is going to be the ONE!

-Jeff
jwarmbrand
Jwarmbrand & Natewalker_2006

As you both know I am a happy Dodd owner and I hope that you found my comments truthful and accurate.......of course to the certain point (it is all system dependent and I had only one day to evaluate Isabella).

I share your enthusiasm towards Vinnie's new Isabella preamp as I believe it might be one of the best preamp out there - especially with its build-in Isabellina NOS non-up-sampling DAC.

If I had to choose only few words to describe it, it would have to be - smooth, analog sounding DAC, effortless, musical enjoyment.

If I did not have Dodd already, I would be placing order right now. It is that good.

Thanks for kind words and congratulations on getting and enjoying RWA Isabella preamp.

Mariusz
Guys, what preamp have you guys been using before being won over by this little Isabella?
Hi ViperZ,

Before the Red Wine Isabella, I have been playing with a Audio Horizons TP2.1 and an EE Minimax (borrowing from a friend). The RWA Isabella wins me over by
a lot!

-Jeff
hey mariusz,

thank you!

hey viper_z,

i was able to try the modwright LS36.5 but it wasnt for me. RWA Isabella was much more musical and spacious and 'effortless' like mariusz says. it was designed to be a perfect match with the Signature 30.2 so that makes sense why i like it better in my system. not saying the modwright is not good. for me and my system the RWA isabella is a sonic marvel and the dac option is very special to me. digital never sounds so good!

Back to listening for me,

Nate
Hi Jwarmbrand and Natewalker2006, may I know what's the rest of your equipments (amp, speaker)??

Does the Isabellina DAC have an "airy" top end?