Cheap and powerful pre/power combo $1k budget

I have a dynaudio floorstand speaker (S3.4), it need LOTS of power to make it sounds good. I am looking for around 150W amp, can you guy give me some suggestion? My budget is around $1000, included pre/power amp or int amp. Of course, I am looking for used units.
thx.
audiorichard
Thx for suggestion, and more suggestion would be nice.
One more stupid question, my speaker only allow 4 Ohms input. However the amp said: "power levels in excess of 200 watts per channel into 8 Ohms." and it does not come with 8 Ohms to 4 Ohms swithch or 4 Ohms output, can I still connect my speaker to 8 Ohms output from my amp? Does it affect the sound quailty?
thx
Look at a used Odyssey Stratos Plus (around $650-750 depending on how old), and a moderate level tube preamp used.
You should be around $1000.
Good Luck.
Most amplifiers support 4 ohm speakers just fine. If you want to be sure, find the specs for your amp. There are no switches to set.

The lower the ohms, the more power the speakers will pull from the amplifier at any given time.

Ohms (a measure of "impedance") are a pretty approximate thing. An 8-ohm speaker can act like a 4-ohm or even a 2-ohm load depending on the music being played, and will vary during a song. So amplifiers are for the most part used to dealing with varying impedance.