Does The Squeezebox Touch Have a Worthy Successor?

Is there a new streaming device on the market that offers the performance and value of the Squeezebox?
128x128mitch4t
There are several promising things coming to replace the Squeezebox. Bluesound is similar to Sonos in function and comes from the same distributor as NAD and PSB. It's out, but has virtually no internet streaming services that are working. They say they will have them "soon".

VOCO (myvoco.com) has a product that looks similar in function to Squeezebox Touch. They claim it's available but don't answer the phone so who knows.

Olive One is another contender but there's little useful info at present.

Another huge difference between Sonos and Squeezebox is support. Logitech answers the phone in about 1/10 the time and they generally know what they are talking about. Sonos techs don't.
I just checked Amazon. Vendors who still have Squeezebox Touches are pricing them at $699. That should be an indicator of what a hole that product has left in the marketplace.
If things stay as they are now, I'll probably just wind up sending a Sonos to W4S and letting them do an upgrade on it. The only real advantage that the SBT has over the Sonos is the ability to do hi res files. Personally, I've found hi res downloads to be hit and miss at best; so I don't think I'll miss it much.
Anybody has any experience with the Cambridge Stream Magic 6?
http://www.cambridgeaudio.com/products/stream-magic-6-upsampling-network-music-player
Impressive specs and not expensive. I only wish it could be compatible with 802.11 ac.
Android based multimedia devices in general perhaps.

Browsers, Tablets and smartphones provide the portable remote control interfaces people want and need. I use all these with my SB Touches much more frequently than the built in touch screen itself.

High quality (audiophile quality) sound is the other SB Touch feature to replace. A good DAC connected to digital out from any device properly equipped provides that, similar to SB TOuch.

SB TOuch built in DAC is reputably not bad, but I have never even tried to use that since I had my preferred DACs prior.

SB Touch was a great device but highly specialized with limited market. Sonos covers that mostly these days.

But remote control of general purpose multimedia computers with digital output capabilities is where its at in terms of providing the best product needed for minimal cost.

OF course for most homes, a good quality modern Wifi network is the other piece of the puzzle needed.

This way hi fi sound is just another multimedia service you set up and use on your home network along with the rest. VEry little specialized or proprietary hardware is needed.

This is where I will be looking to go most likley when the need arises next. Hopefully, my 3 SB devices (2 touch and one radio) continue on for a while though.....