Best Amp for Timbre, Depth and Spatial Resolution?

I have an Ayre CD player, BADA Alpha DAC, deHavilland Mercury pre-amp, CJ MF-2500A amp and N802 - am looking to upgrade amp.
Would like to hear views on Best Amp for Timbre, Depth and Spatial Resolution.
Not married to tube or SS..
Always wonder about Stereophile recommended components such as Aesthetix Atlas, Parasound JC-1, CJ LP-125 and the likes. I would pay about $5k on Agon so there are some limitations.
Thanks.
128x128johnmc67
Paul and Charles +1. I also feel the same as you Charles.

Having said that I disagree with Bo WHEN it comes to the LACK of the B&W 800-802 D series speakers to have a 3D stage, width and depth. Besides owning a pair, I have heard them in MANY different systems and WHEN set up properly, per Paul's post, they have a fine 3D stage, etc.

Also Bo seems to go out of his way to bash B&W wherever and whenever he can. Bo, the latest D series has a total upgrade to the parts, including wiring, of the crossover.
I have heard the speaker brand you tout and while it is a fine speaker, IMHO, it is not any better then the brand you criticize.
I like the Dutch actually, and will call out Bo on his innacurate nonesense (to NOT do so is simply wimpy) until I get tired of it. Paul...really..."semitonically?" (huh?)..."walls of neighboring rooms?"...you are utterly wrong. Non identical walls help cancel standing waves. Placing speakers in unmatched acoustic boundaries does not necessarily remove the soundstage image originally created by the mixer's careful use of panning faders, it merely alters the balance of it (not necessarily a good thing, but that's what ACTUALLY happens). I like to listen to an accurate stereo image (as close to what I feel the engineer was shooting for), and don't need to use corners (note: some serious audio freaks LIKE corners...a lot!), but please don't try to pass this stuff by this crowd as some here actually know what's what. I think this discussion is going very well!
Wolf, it is a typo of course. It should read "symmetrical" and not "semitonically". I have push the "Submit now" button instead of the "Preview firs" by mistake, and you guys have posted before I was able to edit the post. I'll get back to you regarding the effects of parallel and non-parallel walls.