Anthonyn Cordesman on Edward Snowden

With all the debate on hi end reviewers, I think it's pretty impressive to see Anthony Cordesman quoted, in the text below this video:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2013/06/23/snowden-hongkong-russia-ecuador-leak-security-cuba/2450577/
danielk141
Zenblaster,
Yes, absolutely. I just feel it shouldn't be any kind of a barrier when it comes to expressing oneself. The last time I looked this is a free country. Our beliefs extend to everyone on this planet, otherwise, we're just become the biggest gang around with a xenophobic chip on our shoulder.

As for Obama's fortune resting on deregulation, I see it as a parallel to what's going on and not a contributing factor.

All the best,
Nonoise
Zen,okay, but in the meantime, how long are you willing to wait for the facts? History waits for someone to write it but it doesn't know who it is until it happens.
First let me say, that my disclosure of my citizenship was merely to make it evident that I had much different viewpoint than most of the participants in the discussion, nothing more nothing less.

Now @rok2id, what, really?
Canadians, and others, like our 'friends in the EU' who live and prosper behind the shield provided by the American taxpayer, thru the might of the US military, should consider this, when commenting on American policy.

The Canadians fought alongside the US in Afghanistan as well as many other conflicts. Granted we did not support you in Iraq, but then again you never did find the Saddam's infamous WMDs, so I think it is only fair and just that the US taxpayer pick up the bill for that one.

Now I may not have been alive during WWii but I have enough of a history education to know that the war was one in no small part thanks to the brave and valiant efforts of the Canadian army.

Please remember Canada is 1/10 the size of the US in terms of population, I think we have contributed our fair share for preserving and maintaining our Mutual freedom.

We continue to contribute more than our share not only militarily but also in musicians, actors, producers and great audio companies, not to mention Tim Horton's coffee (which IMO really stinks) and last but not least Hockey players.
Nick_sr:

All of your comments about Canada's contributions are true. I was mainly speaking of the post cold war world. In the face of the Soviet and German threats, all the players pretty much stayed in line.

Canada made great contributions and sacrifices in both world wars. The raid at Dieppe helped ensure the success at Normandy.

I did notice that you mentioned the Iraqi war and the WMDs. That's picking and choosing. They didn't KNOW about the WMDs before the war.

Cheers