Lowther classic audio

Does any body have a set of these that could comment on the sound of these . I hear the speakers only work well in the horn loaded cabinets, not the bass reflex type. Is the bass better than the horn type , do these image as well . Greg
128x128drumsgreg
Lak, Thanks ,I`ll call him tomarrow and see what he said about the speakers. did they image well when you heard them , I just get tired of hearing the speakers and not a whole lot of the music. Thanks Greg
YES, they image very well. You just have to let David know what type of room you have, to determine which speaker is best for you. David has the BEST pricing I could find. I highly recommend him as an audiophile and gentleman. What type of amp/preamp will you use? Let us know what he says!
I have the Rogue 66 and the 88 power amp, the cables are all Mapleshade and the digital will be the AudioNote DAC1.1 when it gets here and the speakers I now use are the Meadowlark Shearwater, but they will go back in the H.T. room with the rest of the Meadowlark speakers.These speakers sound great but I just don`t want to pull them out so far in the room to get them to image,which they do well . I originally bougth them for the H.T. room were they have been making great sounds with the other Meadowlarks.I`m tring to find a speaker that will let the drums out of the box if you know what I mean.I hear the Lowthers dont have to be so far out in the room to image like a bandit. And they are reported to be very fast for dynamic drivers. Thanks Greg
Drumsgreg; Knowing that, let me say this: At a minimum of 102 sensitivity, it doesn't take much horsepower to drive the Lowthers to very loud levels. Lowthers are perhaps the most resolving speakers I have ever heard. Every little detail is there! The realism is pretty astounding. Contrary to what I said earlier, there is plenty of treble and bass. The bass is surprisingly well defined, and sounds like real bass, not pseudo bass. The drivers I listened to were the DX-2. All you have to do is pick out the drivers that match the liveliness of yor listening room. Over time I wonder if the Lowther speaker could become Fatiguing, thats a question I do not have an answer for? Dekay mentioned something about a new voice coil, but I have no information about that. With all that said I think the Hammer Dynamics S-12 is the way to go! Its much smoother than the Lowther, less fatiguing, and better imaging! They are 97db efficient. I don't mean to confuse you, just want to give you as much information as possible so you can reach a decision. I hope this helps!
Lak, Thanks for the info on the speakers, no you aren`t going to confuse me , I take a good long look at things and reseach it out before I spend my money, the more info I get the better I`m informed to do the right thing. Thanks Greg