Bi-wiring/Bi-amping...worth the fuss and expense?

Does bi-wiring and/or bi-amping justify the added expense of additional cable and/or amp? If so, why don't all speaker manufacturers (like Dynaudio) provide this capability? Assuming it does, is bi-amping meaningfully better than bi-wiring?
sydneysophia
I have the Dunlavy SC-5(s) and vertically bi-amp and, of course, bi-wire. This speaker design is very current hungry and equipment picky. There is a substantial difference in
dynamics and low bass performance I believe in the bi-amp arrangement.
Hi! My opinion? Well, bi-amping can be great with certain speakers, but makes little difference with others. Same holds true with bi-wiring - perhaps B&W being a rare "must" even by their own recommendation. Don't forget that some wire mfgs. offer a split wire in one sheath which isn't true bi-wire but is close and less expensive. If you do a true bi-wire meaning 2 seperate runs of wire, remember that you should use better wire for the tweeter/midrange and can use less expensive for the bass, but be careful of how you make this match since a mismatch can lead to some weird phase problems. I think that the best solution for most speakers is to get a great amp and pair it to the most expensive speaker wire in a single run that you can afford. This will sound better than bi-wire or bi-amp. Look for a pair of Transparent Ref. wires or Transparent XL or MIT Oracles. I have auditioned a lot of wires and still think these two companies are the best.
What about going with Mono Block?...Does going with Mono Block with Bi-Wiring Sound better that running with two amps
in Vertical Bi-amp mode?
In my experience the more you split up the music signal between different cables, amps, drivers, etc the more disconnected the music sounds. Sure you hear more apparant detail, soundstage etc. but the music's message gets lost.
Longho68-

That is a very good question. I spoke to John Dunlavy some
time back and he defintely supports the mono option. My personal experience has convinced me that the vertical bi-amping approach can have it's advantages. The real issues
deal with current v. distortion. If the speakers thrive on high current reserves than the vertical option may be better. In doing this, however, the cumulative distortion
and noise is doubled. Probably for most the mono option
would be better unless you have really clean amps. As always, it depends!