Best CD Trans. under 1,500

I need to replace my aging CD changer. My dealer's got an Audio Research CD-T1 Transport for $1,500. The converter in my Acurus ACT-3 pre-pro will have to do for now. I mostly listen to acoustic jazz (part time HT) on my system comprised of the ACT-3, Adcom GFA-6000 (that's next in line for upgrading), B&W DM-640i mains, Paradigm PS-1200 sub, and Audio Stream & Straightwire cables and IC's. Is the ARC a good buy or is there a better value for something new? Or, should I look elsewhere in the used market? Thanks for any advise!
herbl4
That seems a little high for the CD-T1. I have the ARC CD-2 player and really like it. I saw one on this site yesterday or the day before selling for $1900 (3500 new). I agree with Jcbtubes in that you should stick with a single box player unless you intend on buying a seperate DAC in the future. JMHO.
My money would go to a sony 777 SACD. Those have digital outputs but also a good quality dac. new for 1600ish.
Be careful of buying a Theta Data Basic. Mine stopped reading CDs after 5 years and I have been told by a Theta dealer, two high end repair shops, North American Philips (who manufactured the part) and Theta HQ themselves that the part is no longer manufactured and that the unit is unrepairable.