Are NBS cables are sound better than Nordost ?

I want to upgrade my MIT Oracle V2.1 for Nordost Val. But a friend rec. to me the NBS Omega cable. How are these cables compare to each other? My system is: Wadia,Tenors 75wi and Kharma 1D.
Thanks.
128x128dkhanhxuan1
I suppose it all depends on the complementary gear and your tastes. In several tube-based systems I've heard them in, the Nordost speaker cables and interconnects sounded a touch bright and harmonically lean. But, this was probably a system-dependant phenomenon.

I personally like the NBS line of cables. Their different lines have a different sound, so, if you work with a dealer, you can try different cables to dial in what you are looking for. One word of caution, don't try the Black Label stuff, it will make you disappointed with almost anything else.

Other cables I personally like are: Basis (the turntable manufacturer), XLO limited, and certain Audionote (uk) cables.
Larry is absolutely right about the Black Label, we tried a lot of Power cord but none can compare. My friend have about 5 of them in his system. The solidity of the image, the body and weight, the silence. I just wish it is not as heavy and rigid and expensive. Sometimes you wouldn't use it just because it is so difficult the work with.
I made some comparisons with NBS Black Label (BL) and Nordost Valhalla and the choice was quite easy. While the Valhalla has some good detail retrieval it lacks completely body and natural weight, also it's color is withish. In the past I owned MIT cables and found them pretty good until I met NBS. MIT cables sound a bit artificial to me(boxes??).
No, the NBS BL is the far best cable I'm aware of.
BTW in Europe there is a special version which called the NBS Active series with an excellent price quality ratio.
Now I understand that NBS is the most copied cable: because it's so good. BTW I heard recently such copied NBS (Heavens Gate Audio) which is derived from the old Statement series. Well it sounded quite bad, very hard and out of balance. So be aware of such brands, they also cost money.
Hello Dkhanhxuanl,

I just wanted to say you should try to listen for yourself to decide. I do not find the Valhalla interconnect or speaker cable to be lean at all. IMO it is the most neutral cabling I've heard. Good luck, I hope you find what you are looking for.

Enjoy,
Tom
There is one important part where NBS makes a big fault. I worked for a company who also sold NBS. I did a lot of testing with many NBS cables. It makes instruments and voices bigger than they sould be. Listen to live music in a small room with just a few instruments. And yo know actually what I mean. People have to learn how big an instrument is when you listen to it. The right proportion of an instrument or voice is a very important part of listening to music as it would sound in real. And yes there are brands who are capable to let you hear the right proportions.